Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Xbox Deals

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hey gang, now forgive my ignorance as I'm looking for one of these for my son for christmas (alright I suppose I will play with it a little bit) he's 7.5, loves FIFA so I'm on the hunt for deal, I see argos have a deal with a 250gb console and FIFA 12 for 249.99, is that good value any ideas where to search for a good deal or what should be included in a good deal, any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I Bought a 250 gig one on Friday for a friend in HMV for 229 and it came with a free game, Alot of people overlook this store so you might wanna check it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

Check HMV...Smythes...gamestop...and Game.........they,r always changing their deals but one will always have a better deal at a certain time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The console new can be got for 185, thats the 250gb. If he's young, you might look at getting a 4GB, a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

cloud493 wrote: »
    The console new can be got for 185, thats the 250gb. If he's young, you might look at getting a 4GB, a bit cheaper.
    where?

Here is the lowdown.

Game: crap deal. €239 for the 250gig and fifa.
    HMV: €229 for the same. It was €220 last week wtih gears so they can go swivel.
    Xtravision: €250. Eat a dick.
    Smyths: 250 with a **** game. No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop and HMV. Its 185 just for the console mind.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop and HMV. Its 185 just for the console mind.
    Nah. It's 229 in HMV just rang htem. Thanks for gamestop heads up, forgot about htem.

Gamestop is only 185 online. Had to waste a journey to the shops to find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Smyths: 250 with a **** game. No thanks.

Really wrong there, €250 with a select game, choosing from the likes of Portal 2, Madden 12, NHL 12 and more (haven't been in work for a week so not 100%). Also comes with a second controller (official) and a 4 in 1 arcade disc containing Geometry Wars, Ms Pac Man, Bomberman and a 4th that escapes me.

For an extra €10 you can replace the select game with any game of your choice.

http://www.toys.ie/softwarebundles/xbox/126551.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just a list here I have saved for when it comes to buying xbox games so I can compare prices and what not. Not all will apply to consoles:

Smyths
    Game
    Gamestop
    Gamesnash.ie
    Argos
    Flor Griffin
    Harvey Normans
    Tesco
    Play.com
    HMV
    Zavvi(?).com-Monday madness
    Extravision
    CDWOW.ie
    Amazon
    EBay
    Pixmania.ie

Last I heard is that HMV was the cheapest place to pick up the new slim and one new game.(185 for console + cost of game)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Bookmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

HMV deal is buy Gears of War 3, Driver San Francisco or Warhammer Space Marine - all of which are around the €50 mark and get the 250Gb XBox for €185

Amazon have the console for c.£180 with Gears of War 3 free and/or selected game for reduced price of £20, which make it around €210 delivered for console and Gears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

seems best to keep an eye out pretty much daily for deals as they move about alot

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads got this email from gamestop

ywUMP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Headshot wrote: »
    lads got this email from gamestop

ywUMP.png

4gb though, a few demos/arcade trials would eat that up, I would defo go with 250gb pack....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rip off to say the least there at gamestop, the 250gb slims are showing as in stock on the web site for €184.97, so it's €25 more for the privilege of going into the shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

If you were just playing games and not into online stuff would there be any benefit of buying the 250gb against the 4gb.
    Want to get one for the kids to play kinect on and wouldnt mind any aul game of fifa meself...its been years since I played a console.

Thanks.

calex71 wrote: »
    Rip off to say the least there at gamestop, the 250gb slims are showing as in stock on the web site for €184.97, so it's €25 more for the privilege of going into the shop :D
    I know. I emailed them and said can I just pick one up in the shop or from a warehouse. Said no, but they do express delivery for 2 quid. so €187 and I will probably have it tomorrow and I don't have to trek down to the shops. What is the point of them.

If you were just playing games and not into online stuff would there be any benefit of buying the 250gb against the 4gb.
    Want to get one for the kids to play kinect on and wouldnt mind any aul game of fifa meself...its been years since I played a console.

Thanks.

Well if you wanted demos or trials of games or content for your game (as in new levels, characters, new chapters and maybe even new teams/updated rosters on FIFA) then you would want the bigger hardrive, you could fill it up in an hour depending on what your doing...

Another reason would be if you want to install games to the hardrive to keep the machines noise levels down (some machines whirrs can be louder than the tv thats on, even the slim model can be noisy!) then you have the option to do so, as 4gb could well equate to the size of your average "kids game" or even more in some cases depending on the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Forgot to add a link to the €185 250gb one http://www.gamestop.ie/42001_Xbox_360_Xbox_360_S_Console_250GB.aspx

• Advertisement

You can use a usb stick and if you do get stuck and need a few more gigs but a fwe issues with that.

1- Needs to be fast as **** to play games off it if you are sick of disk drive. Fast means expensive
    2- limited to 16 gig

You can use a usb stick and if you do get stuck and need a few more gigs but a fwe issues with that.

1- Needs to be fast as **** to play games off it if you are sick of disk drive. Fast means expensive
    2- limited to 16 gig

Never thought of that actually, good call!

Out of the 6 or so usb sticks I have around the house I noticed that only one if them "performs to xbox standard", the oldest one surprisingly, that yoke has been through washes and all at this stage and is pretty much bulletproof I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

Do not get the 4GB. Some games will not give you full functionality without a dedicated HDD. This goes for using USB as well.

Advertisement