Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please welcome our new mods

• 29-09-2011 12:43pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With Gavin stepping down and the forum becoming busier than ever, we've decided to appoint two new mods. So please welcome CramCycle and ednwireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Best of luck / hard luck lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Out of curiosity, what's the selection process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Lemag wrote: »

Everyone takes one step back?

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you get beaten up until you give in

just to prove that we arent all skinny whippet racers (i hate pics of me cycling, i look much better than that in my head)

only noticed because i suddenly had edit buttons everywhere

176271.png
    me at top of glengesh

this just arrived in the post
    176273.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You will see we have gone for an endurance athlete in Cram "Wiggo" Cycle who will inflict plenty of suffering before delivering you to sprint king ed "Cav" nwireland to execute the killer blow with the very blunt instrument he's just taken delivery of (and posted a picture of above)

Good luck guys

• Advertisement

Swimsuit contest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good choice's I think and best of luck to the new Mods...

(Can I be the first to use this one)

simpsonshailantsed4.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not a topic for general discussion in this thread, but the existing mods put forward names to the CMods and in turn the Admins for clearance (or not, as the case may be;))

There's a thread in the Help Desk setting out some of the criteria typically used in determining suitability for mod roles on the site

Not sure how super secret this is, but they can't fire me now.

It usually goes like this: Mods have a chat among themselves and suggest people that they think would be good to the cat mods (me in this case). Cat mods pass it up to an admin (me in this case) if they have no objections. Admins have a chinwag and give a thumbs up / down. Person is asked if they're interested. If they decline, the process starts over again, otherwise the person gets their badge and gun and access to the coke and hookers room.

I say "usually" goes like that because there are obviously cases where that can't happen (new forum for example).

edit: I started typing this a while ago and beasty got in there before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Does this mean Beasty is still a mo...........oh errrr I fully welcome our new overlords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Khannie wrote: »
    Not sure how super secret this is, but they can't fire me now.

It usually goes like this: Mods have a chat among themselves and suggest people that they think would be good to the cat mods (me in this case). Cat mods pass it up to an admin (me in this case) if they have no objections. Admins have a chinwag and give a thumbs up / down. Person is asked if they're interested. If they decline, the process starts over again, otherwise the person gets their badge and gun and access to the coke and hookers room.

I say "usually" goes like that because there are obviously cases where that can't happen (new forum for example).

edit: I started typing this a while ago and beasty got in there before me.

So you woke up one day and decided you wanted to be a mod of this group - had a chat with yourself in the mirror (twice) - and here we are!

All hail!

Moderator.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Lads, be prepared to be still up close to the witching hour, typing away, debating the finer points of forum rules with posters who may have sailed too close to the wind!;);)

Are you ready?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Do Mods get paid an hourly rate or just a stipend to make up for income lost from their normal empoyment?

el tel wrote: »
    Do Mods get paid an hourly rate or just a stipend to make up for income lost from their normal empoyment?
    Just the normal going rate - Coke and Hookere - unfortunatley as it's the cycling forum we're not allowed to discuss the doping aspects, and despite my best endeavours I've still not discovered any of the "other" in the forum

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

el tel wrote: »

Even if we did, it still wouldn't be enough.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Jawgap wrote: »
    So you woke up one day and decided you wanted to be a mod of this group - had a chat with yourself in the mirror (twice) - and here we are!

All hail!

Not in the slightest. I'm not a mod here at all. :) I make it my business to actively avoid moderating in here. I think the new lads are going to do a great job (edit: and the older lads too of course :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Welcome to your new roles CramCycle and ednwireland!!

When do you attain the ultimate accolade of having your names in uber-desirable and ever-on-trend bold ?

When do you attain the ultimate accolade of having your names in uber-desirable and ever-on-trend block ?
    .... it's all based on the number of infractions and bans handed out - they're now in a race to see who achieves "bold" status first (and we're not prepared to tell them what the target is):)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

When do you attain the ultimate accolade of having your names in uber-desirable and ever-on-trend block ?

I thought you defaulted automatically to it, but you can change it in the Group memberships part of the control panel, i.e. a mod or admin can opt to go non-bold if they wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

I thought you defaulted automatically to it, but you can change it in the Group memberships part of the control panel, i.e. a mod or admin can opt to go non-bold if they wish.

Oooooooh! I bet that once you go b[lack]old you never go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

good ;)

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Oooooooh! I bet that once you go b[lack]old you never go back!
    ...who are you calling old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    ...who are you calling old?

My god, and this is your mother tongue is it?

Take out the [lack] silly! What's left?

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    My god, and this is your mother tongue is it?

Take out the [lack] silly! What's left?
    yeah - what does the "b" stand for? "bleedin"? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Is that a Four Masters jersey?

Congrats also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Satanta wrote: »
    Is that a Four Masters jersey?

Congrats also.

sure is (but i dont think they like me wearing it - i'm no where near good enough ;) )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't believe they gave me responsibility, let the good times role:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29897&d=1313220395

Advertisement