Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Beta available on XBLM now

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Notorioux wrote: »
    Go play gears of war 3. ;) Even Crysis on console is better looking than this.

The beta is really buggy as hell. I don't know on the xbox if you guys are experiencing ground glitch, on PS3 everytime you fecking crawl you'll fall outside the map. Loads of freezing issues too. :mad:

That's why it's a BETA. So bugs can be found and worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

This isn't a beta. This is a demo. A beta takes a closed group of players and quizzes them on encountered bugs and glitches MONTHS even a year before release. Not 3-4 weeks. This a bug ridden over hyped trashy game from a pressure cooker company with a bully of a publisher. I feel sorry for people who wanted this game so badly but can't admit that it's a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Yeah I have to say I'd accept bugs and glitches in a Beta but this really should be a demo at this stage and with that being the case, console owners are gettin screwed over. Nearly unplayable IMO, which is a pity because I'm actually liking it visually and the player animations really help to immerse you in the game properly, but the actual gameplay itself is not too hot and the clipping/ghosting bugs really shouldn't be there this close to release, makes me worry that their chasing their own tails trying to get it refined for retail.

As a side note, I should point out that I like the visuals based on the info that it isn't running in HD so I am making an exception and assumption on what the finished product will look like. Currently, it looks about as good as Black on X Box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Distinctly unimpressed with this beta, graphics are shoddy and it just seems sluggish to play it, I'm not a fan of COD but if I had to choose one over the other it probably would be COD in this instance...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

VERY dissapointed with how it plays and flows compared to BC 2 . Coming from someone who loves playing the BC series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

miju wrote: »
    VERY dissapointed with how it plays and flows compared to BC 2 . Coming from someone who loves playing the BC series
    sitting on a uav for the entire game is not playing a flowing game miju!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'Nearly unplayable' ?
    No idea what you're talking about, I played it for several hours now and am loving it.

I noticed nothing about 'shoddy graphics' or whatever, fluent gameplay, great fun online,...
    Only issues I have are the usual demo/beta stuff, glitches and a bit unstable regarding servers, but that's to be expected.
    Granted, it's not as easy as COD but that's a good thing ;)

Hell, this has even convinced me more to get it.

BlastedGlute: Maybe you should look up the term 'open beta'.
    These days it's perfectly normal for betas to be released this close to the actual release date.
    it's been mentioned multiple times: This is an OLD build, not a new one.

Maybe people should read that link Emmo-m- posted.
    Especially this:
    this beta isn't intended for gameplay, just stress testing servers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Fieldog wrote: »
    Distinctly unimpressed with this beta, graphics are shoddy and it just seems sluggish to play it, I'm not a fan of COD but if I had to choose one over the other it probably would be COD in this instance...
    Its a toned down version of the game. the download would be huge otherwise.
    you cant judge the game by the beta. The real game will be much better graphics and wont be as sluggish.

sitting on a uav for the entire game is not playing a flowing game miju!

LOL you know what I mean :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

miju wrote: »
    LOL you know what I mean :p:p:p:p:p

10,000 out of 28,000 kills were on the uav, yeah me know what u mean. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Tell ya what we'll wait and see how much better it is when it's out in a few weeks. I've been on more betas than you've had quoted posts and I understand the principle which is why this is just a load of ****e. It's a demo. Stress testing servers can be done internally, even by ping smashing their own servers, you don't need people to literally connect to see what stability issues occur. Nobodies feedback is going to be asked for or implemented.

For instance, the gears 3 beta was a real one, there were actual changes made from weapons recoil to effective distance, character speed to map layout and many other things. All taken from player feedback. So I say again, this is not a beta, your opinion doesn't matter, this game is out in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The problem is, that with the release coming up so soon, there isn't much time to get any bugs fixed, go through EA/DICE quality tests, and then get certified from Microsoft, especially if they are to be included on the disk which will probably go gold next week I'd guess? So while they call it a beta, it is really more a demo than a beta.

Played it for a few hours yesterday with a friend. Almost impossible to get into the same squad as him which was the most annoying problem.
    Lots, and I mean lots, of bugs. Screen getting stuck blue, kill cam's totally fubar, people running along with their bottom half below ground, standing behind people unloading a clip into people without them dying, matchmaking not working 50% of the time, I could go on.

After my first game I was wondering if I could cancel my pre-order.
    By the 5th or 6th, I was enjoying it, despite the problems, there is a good game in there trying to get out.
    Having said that, I won't accept the level of bugs there currently is in a retail release that I've paid good money for, so unless the full release is much better, that will be the end of it for me and Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

mcgovern wrote: »
    The problem is, that with the release coming up so soon, there isn't much time to get any bugs fixed, go through EA/DICE quality tests, and then get certified from Microsoft, especially if they are to be included on the disk which will probably go gold next week I'd guess? So while they call it a beta, it is really more a demo than a beta.

Played it for a few hours yesterday with a friend. Almost impossible to get into the same squad as him which was the most annoying problem.
    Lots, and I mean lots, of bugs. Screen getting stuck blue, kill cam's totally fubar, people running along with their bottom half below ground, standing behind people unloading a clip into people without them dying, matchmaking not working 50% of the time, I could go on.

After my first game I was wondering if I could cancel my pre-order.
    By the 5th or 6th, I was enjoying it, despite the problems, there is a good game in there trying to get out.
    Having said that, I won't accept the level of bugs there currently is in a retail release that I've paid good money for, so unless the full release is much better, that will be the end of it for me and Battlefield.

The BETA is running old code, from July. Dice have already announced that the majority of bugs you see have been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Korvanica wrote: »
    The BETA is running old code, from July. Dice have already announced that the majority of bugs you see have been fixed.

What's the point in running a beta on old code? Surely the purpose of a beta is to find bugs to have them fixed for the release, but if the beta is running on down level code then its totally useless. No guarantee that any bugs in this code still exist in current code, or that the new code hasn't introduced a new bunch of bugs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

mcgovern wrote: »
    What's the point in running a beta on old code? Surely the purpose of a beta is to find bugs to have them fixed for the release, but if the beta is running on down level code then its totally useless. No guarantee that any bugs in this code still exist in current code, or that the new code hasn't introduced a new bunch of bugs :confused:

Something to do with releasing on the xbox and ps3 AFIK.
    A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn’t exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn’t give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

the beta is mainly to test certain issues when running the game on servers. The people working on the game are smart enough to know that they're are issues with screen tearing and areas you can get under the map, they dont need us to tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's more of a demo then beta tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly don't think they could have picked a worse map for 'beta'. It's cramped, confined, too enclosed and represents nothing of what makes Battlefield great. I really hope that it's a not a sign of things to come as they attempt to emulate COD's gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's more of a demo then beta tbh

Surely you mean the opposite? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Am I the only one bored with sniper classes in Battlefield games. The majority of them tend to sit in spawn lying prone in a bush contributing **** all to the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

al28283 wrote: »
    well then you clearly have no eye for graphic details. the beta graphics are severely lacking when compared to most other next gen games, like i said earlier, this is to keep the download size manageable. Its not even HD.
    The retail version will be far better

Try it on the PC :) you will see what the real graphics are like then. For the xbox im not complaining. I think their decent enough. If they improve it on real launch ill be even happier :)

Underpromise :) Overdeliver :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

With all these bugs and glitches ..this is the funniest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Am I the only one bored with sniper classes in Battlefield games. The majority of them tend to sit in spawn lying prone in a bush contributing **** all to the team.

The remedy to that is to go over and lie down in front of them with a SAW and a flashlight and just dazzle them and deafen them.They wont be long in moving after that experience

garv123 wrote: »
    10,000 out of 28,000 kills were on the uav, yeah me know what u mean. :p

like I always say not my fault was so hard to get me off it :)

It was never hard to get you off it if we were on opposite teams

Chavways wrote: »
    The remedy to that is to go over and lie down in front of them with a SAW and a flashlight and just dazzle them and deafen them.They wont be long in moving after that experience
    Thats where I'd team kill you.

Advertisement