Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

would you try crystal meth?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

I would for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

sure I'd give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

amacachi wrote: »
    If it was 80% pure and cut to 1/4 strength it would still be 20% (high for street drugs) and be 20 quid a gram.
    Matbe so but good luck selling it as crystal/ice it's just meth amphetamine then and the buyer would only pay accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Matbe so but good luck selling it as crystal/ice it's just meth amphetamine then and the buyer would only pay accordingly.

Meth-heads are a discernable bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

This is a terrible argument, because all you have to do is smoke less to get the same effect. It's like comparing beer with wine. In fact, it could be argued that higher potency Cannabis is beneficial as you have to inhale fewer byproducts of combustion.

I wasn't arguing for or against just posting what is happening in the weed capital of europe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

ScumLord wrote: »
    That is just a statement and I don't think it's based on anything other than their opinion. There is a lot of strong weed around now but there's also a huge amount of variety (in places like Netherlands and California there is). Did you know you can get wine with a variety of alcohol strength and it's up to the person to decide which wine they like.

It wouldn't matter if there was 50% THC in weed it would just mean you got stoned on less of it.

Those aren't highs. :confused:

That's all i was posting as imo if Holland is upgrading cannabis to a grade A drug it wont be long before uk & Ireland follows suit as grade A is up there with cocaine & heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

realies wrote: »
    That's all i was posting as imo if Holland is upgrading cannabis to a grade A drug it wont be long before uk & Ireland follows suit as grade A is up there with cocaine & heroin.
    As far as I know Netherlands has voted in a conservative Christian party which is only trying to push it's religious agenda through (the Christian faith has always been particularly against drugs as drugs where always considered a gateway to God and Christians don't like any competition to their way of talking to God).

It doesn't really matter what countries like the Netherlands do, they're as far removed from Ireland as China is culturally, what with their public transport systems and bizarrely sane laws. We ape Britain.

Yea i would but only in a different place to where i live. Ie. Not Ireland or Hanoi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wertz wrote: »
    it's probably hard to put a truly accurate street value on it, but that said 100 quid a gram is ridiculous as well.
    It is very strong. So just like a gram of LSD (about 10,000 doses) it has a high value per gram. It is about 10 times as strong as normal amphetamine, I see recreational doses listed as 10-40mg, so say 50 20mg doses per gram. This is presuming it is pure of course.

The methamphetamine tablets prescribed to children are 10mg.
    Wertz wrote: »
    Figures I saw mentioned reckoned that it would cut out about 80-85% of currently available strains and solids from legal sale...we'll all be smoking thai stick and sensi...
    I don't think it will be that high at all. I am a firm believer that THC content is exagerrated, and the officials may have fallen for this too. e.g. a breeder or seedband will send off weed to be tested by independent labs. They want it to appear as high as possible to attract customers. So they pick the very finest and probably adulterate it or concentrate it. This is easily done, you shake all the trichome/crystals off the buds and put shake them onto the bud you send off, then you have a miraculously high THC content. They could also dissolve the THC in various solvents and impregnate the buds.

So I think you would be very lucky to find 15% weed as it is. You hear claims of 25%, I don't see how 1/4 of the plant matter you see could be THC, even highly purified bubble hash is said to be only 60% and is basically pure trichomes/crystals.

The problem is when they discover this they might lower the limit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_%28drug%29#Potency
    A scientific study published in 2000 in the Journal of Forensic Sciences (JFS) found that the potency (THC content) of confiscated cannabis in the United States (US) rose from "approximately 3.3% in 1983 and 1984", to "4.47% in 1997". It also concluded that "other major cannabinoids (i.e., CBD, CBN, and CBC)" (other chemicals in cannabis) "showed no significant change in their concentration over the years".[42] More recent research undertaken at the University of Mississippi's Potency Monitoring Project[43] has found that average THC levels in cannabis samples between 1975 and 2007 have increased from 4% in 1983 to 9.6% in 2007.

The stuff about super potent strains is also nonsense. It could have been grown as strong at any time. Nowadays it is handled properly so in respectable coffeeshops you can get weed with full headed trichomes intact, which is very rare to see "on the street", the growers will often strip them off. In the 60s or 70s farmers in the likes of morroco did not follow sensimilla techniques. If growers had viable seeds from a 100 years ago they could grow it to similar potency.

It makes more sense to ban weaker weed from being on sale. You smoke less of the strong stuff, just like you don't drink 10 pints of whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

http://www.herald.ie/news/gardai-hurt-by-gang-high-on-crystal-meth-2900371.html
    TWO gardai have been viciously assaulted by a gang of extremely violent crystal meth users on the rampage in west Dublin.
    The thugs, who have only come onto the gangland scene in the past year, are the chief suspects in a number of brutal crimes including murder, assault and armed robberies.
    Sources say that the gang -- who number just seven core members, all aged in their early 20s -- have been causing "complete mayhem" in the Ballyfermot area for months.
    In a disturbing new development the gang have been dealing the deadly crystal meth drug in Ballyfermot and have also been using the drug.

Its the Evening Herald so it may be anything up to 50% true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

http://www.herald.ie/news/gardai-hurt-by-gang-high-on-crystal-meth-2900371.html

Its the Evening Herald so it may be anything up to 50% true.

Crystal Meth has now joined the list of Irish BandWagon words, I actually don't believe that story, Its only because CM has been in the public eye the last few weeks that this excuse has been used by the Guards.

Reminds me of the stories about Hash users thinking they could fly back in the early 90's.

Lets compare this, Sources have revealed that the gang were "out of their heads on meth"

What the Guards said about Brian Rossiter, Brian Rossiter's father told the inquest that a detective garda had informed him that his son had taken as many as sixteen ecstasy tablets, was "drunk out of his mind" and "as high as a kite", and yet later toxicology reports showed no evidence of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Yeah I'm probably being extremely generous with 50% truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'm so sorry about your brother Pace. RIP to him.

You likely will be told there was something else behind it, ill health, mixing it with alcohol etc. But I think we all know the truth of it whether we admit it or not.

Drugs are dangerous and the above should serve as a warning. Sadly it'll likely be seen as the worst case scenario and not something to take to heart.

Condolances Pace.
    Thank you for your kind words, Audrey.

Fortunately, my brother is alive and well. I was pulling the piss, you see. The LD50 of THC is so high that one would would have to smoke an impossible amount of joints to come anywhere near the lethal dose, never mind exceed it 3 times over. There is absolutely zero risk of anyone ever overdosing on weed.

"Smoked the entire bag of hash cigarettes," I mean, c'mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Pace2008 wrote: »

Fortunately, my brother is alive and well. I was pulling the piss, you see. The LD50 of THC is so high that one would would have to smoke an impossible amount of joints to come anywhere near the lethal dose, never mind exceed it 3 times over. There is absolutely zero risk of anyone ever overdosing on weed.

Stay classy, Pace...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Pace2008 wrote: »

This just proves how the gullible (yet well intended) will fall for any scare story about drugs due to all the lies and myths been pumped into us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement