Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Members/Collaborators for Indie Outfit required Wicklow/Dublin area

Options
  • 29-09-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

We are a Wicklow-based duo who have recently released their debut album. We our looking to expand our membership to help promote the album live - drummer, bassist, guitarist, keyboardist, multi-instrumentalists (anything from the spoon to flute!). We will give preference to musicians who have a penchant for composing and arranging to collaborate on future projects. And taking the whole thing pretty seriously would also help! To give you an idea of what we aspire to musically here is a (very) brief list (which will show you we'll try pretty much anything in the sonic hemisphere!): The Beatles, Captain Beefheart, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, The Cure, Aretha Franklin, Super Furry Animals, Yo La Tengo, Bon Iver, St. Vincent, Kate Bush, Local Natives, Fleet Foxes, Neil Young, Nick Cave, Sly & the Family Stone, Gil Scott-Heron, Lykke Li, Robyn, The Knife (and by extension Fever Ray), Grizzly Bear, Bjork, Sufjan Stevens, Gillian Welch, Stravinsky etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Do you have samples of you're work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aphroditelion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 albacross

I like the tracks you have on soundcloud. Bold and kind of cheeky. I play drums and I'd love to have a crack at your tunes. I've plenty of experience gigging and recording, a van, etc. I play a bit of piano and guitar too.
    If you're still looking for a drummer let me know and I can send you some links to me drumming live and some of my own stuff.

Advertisement