Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Media Streaming Help

Options
  • 29-09-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi guys

Im trying to setup my friends Xbox 360 to use Twonky

Now, I use twonky on both laptops at home, I have set it up for numerous other people as well with no issues at all

One thing I noticed on my friends Xbox is that when it joins his wireless network, it obtains an external IP address, but every other device in his house is his LAN address

I checked his router and there is no wired NAT'ing going on and his Xbox is not setup in the DMZ

When I manually setup his IP details, it works, but DNS does not work when I set it to the routers address, I have to changed it back to Automatic and it picks up the external DNS addresses

I opened up all the relevant UDP and TCP ports on his Router...

and just to confirm, Xbox Live Will work, but I can't communicate with the Xbox from the Laptop

The ISP is Vodafone, its a Belkin N Wireless Router, and the Laptop is running 64 bit Windows 7 (pretty sure its home edition)

Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The guys over at the Net and Comms in the Tech forum might be a better spot to pose this question.

Will your friends Windows Media not work instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Anyone?

I think if I could at least get the Xbox to obtain an internal DHCP address then that would be a good start?

Advertisement