Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your pets odd quirks

2»

Comments

My dog cleans his feet before coming in from outside. He did this himself. We had a springer for 15 years and we couldnt get her to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hamelton

When our GSD is excited he runs back and forth between your legs - he is very tall and has forgotten to dip his head a few times:eek::D

Our terrior will keep pawing you until she gets pets then she insists on licking you while geting pets. When she is excited she grabs onto the GSD neck and playfully tugs at it, thankfull he has a thick coat and neck:D

At night our cat goes up to the GSD when he is sleeping on the floor and rolles around his paws and rubs off his face to wake him up so the GSD can follow him into the kitchen to watch him eat:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I often worry my pets are mad, but this thread is reassuring!:p

My boy thinks 10.30 is bedtime, he goes out to the stairs and sighs, comes back to me and nudges my knee, more sighing, then goes back to stairs, sometimes he'll walk back in and flop onto the floor and sigh very loudly, then groan. Just recently he has started going upstairs and getting in my bed if I don't, but he goes to his own bed when I go to bed.

If we go into a new house or shop with tiled or wooden floors, he has to be invited and walk in first, if I go first he will crawl or creep with me nearly dragging him, he hates the feel of the floors and takes a minute to get his footing, he likes to go in slowly under his own steam.

He would sell granny for some broccoli, prefers frozen. He also picked every Pea of my pea plants last year, didn't damage plants just plucked the pods.

Both dog HAVE to have something to give us when we get home, and they have the ability to conjure socks from nowhere!

AdrenalinJunkie, my boy has done the very same with frogs, although he runs away when they jump and slowly creeps back to woof at them again.

Little dog growls at leaves blowing around in the wind, or chases and pounces on them.

Only one of the cats is allowed curl up with Ollie, but anyone else has to sleep not touching him, if they do he runs away. :confused:

My god, the more I think the crazier my boy seems, no wonder the lady at the kennels said she thinks he suffers from O.D.D (odd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

One of my cats regularly brings in a live mouse and then wakes me up by yowling in the hallway. Then he watches my efforts to catch and release it - when that gets boring he goes back outside:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The golden retriever goes up and plays with the new lambs on the farm every year

Of course the sheep go mental seeing this, wondering if he is sizing up the lambs for dinner

The lambs seem to think he is one of their own, he even looks like a sheep, well kind of.

I wonder if the retriever thinks he is a sheep too :p
    He sleeps up in the farmyard with them. It's funny seeing all thirty kg of him bouncing and leaping around with lambs

An honorary sheep

The border collie is a normal dog, hates the sheep and nips and barks at them. Showing them who is boss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

My dog is obsessed (seriously obsessed) with playing fetch. If there's no tennis balls to hand she'll scavenge for broken flowerpots, likely looking rocks etc etc to play with.

Anyway, I had a dream last night that she could fly, which as you might imagine made for some epic games of fetch. I told her about it this morning when I woke up, and I swear she understood me. She looked so disappointed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

Great thread. Had such a laugh reading these posts. Makes our guy see more normal!

Our fella loves helicoptors. He will even go as far as stopping mid-snack (shock,horror) to run outside and follow the helicoptor in the sky. Sticking his head out through fences and all to keep it in his line of sight for as long as possible with a big, smiley head on him! Maybe he wants to be a pilot when he grows up..... :)

Same fella loves watching telly. He has a thing for Arnold Swarzenegger (spelling!) on the telly, he will stop mid-gallop to turn and stare at him on the small screen.... obviously it's the voice and not the fantastic acting talent that's caught him!

And wine, the Blossom Hill White blue label bottle only... he will sit and stare at it and try to lick the top and outside of the bottle... he was NEVER given a drop in his little lifetime but somehow he got a taste for it! Fine when family are around and they see the little weirdo staring and drooling, slightly embarassing when it's visitors! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

If we ask our Cocker 'Are you cold?' She will start to shiver :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

My little girl has quite a few.
    She also does the Superman position, and often crawls along in said position. I never thought to describe her as Superman though, we call her Slug when she does it :D
    She also does some loud yawns which are very cute. They range from a Michael Jackson style "oowwh" to a strange mix between bark and yawn.
    She is also the strangest bed maker I have ever seen. Instead of the usual turn around a few times with a couple of scratches, she makes all sorts of odd, awkward body contortions when making a bed for herself. One time she managed to get herself caught inside the duvet :rolleyes:
    Then there are her hyper moments. She gets it into her head sometimes to run around the house and garden like a mad thing. Her back will go into an arch and she looks like a little hare racing around the place. This run will then be interspersed with a big, random leap off all fours into the air.
    My boy sometimes likes to slide around the place with his head on the ground and front legs under him, while his back legs push him along. He also loves to sleep under the duvet. He first started doing this just after the Chilean miner rescue, so we started calling him a Chilean miner. These days, all we have to say is that term and he leaps down under the duvet. He's also a lazy lump when it comes to getting up in the morning. If we're up too early he will not want to leave the bed and will use any chance to get back up to it. He's even worse if I'm having a lie in and the OH is up because he really is quite a mummys boy :D
    He also gets very excited when football, tennis, golf - even cricket - come on the tv. Rugby doesn't get him quite so much, it must be something to do with the shape of the ball.
    He's a bit mad with his toys as well. He has a couple of ropes, one with a plastic rock at the end, and he loves to spin around with these. At one point last year though, he decided it was fun to swing the rock rope around so that the plastic rock would bang off the floor. We were in an apartment at the time, and arrived home from the shops one day to find a note from the neighbours below us, asking us to stop playing with a ball in our place (didn't realise how thin those ceilings were). The World Cup was on at the time so we probably seemed like sad gits trying to replicate the games in our living room!

Advertisement