Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying a uniform effect to a block of text

Options
  • 29-09-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    In Photoshop, if I have a single block of text that spans maybe 5-6 lines and apply layer styling (for example an inner shadow or a gradient overlay), the effect spans from the very top of the first line to the very bottom of the last line.

Is there a way to have the style effect each line of text equally?

I could create a new text layer for each new line and apply the same layer style to all layers, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do the above for efficiency?

Thanks v.much :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

I don't think so, if you have a block of text as one layer it will act like one layer.

(or you can just select one line and do what you want with this separate from the rest of the text -or not really I just tried it ;) )

Advertisement