Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coarse fishing in Coachford Cork

Options
  • 29-09-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone give me any info about coarse fishing in coachford, where you can go, cant go, permits etc........ i noticed some nice spots after griffins garden centre but can you fish there, i've fished inniscarra lake ok. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

You need to get a permit from a shop in Coachford. Its a small shop on the right hand side as you come into the town from Cork. The garden center is a popular spot, I used to fish it higher up towards Dripsey and from the other side. Its getting colder now so the fish will be concentrating in the deeper water. Try along the boating center walkway, deep water and holds fish through out the winter. Fishing either side of the bridge in Coachford is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cycletheroad

stylie wrote: »
    You need to get a permit from a shop in Coachford. Its a small shop on the right hand side as you come into the town from Cork. The garden center is a popular spot, I used to fish it higher up towards Dripsey and from the other side. Its getting colder now so the fish will be concentrating in the deeper water. Try along the boating center walkway, deep water and holds fish through out the winter. Fishing either side of the bridge in Coachford is pretty good too.

Thanks very much for all the info.....just about parking the car etc, is it easy enough along where you said? thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

stylie wrote: »

Thanks very much for all the info.....just about parking the car etc, is it easy enough along where you said? thanks again.

It's one place I've never fished & im based in Douglas which is close enough - let me know how you get on with fishing parking etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Parking is straight forward, I would say from most spots you can see your car from the fishing spot which is handy in this day and age.

Advertisement