Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

being complained about at work

Options
  • 29-09-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

:eek: Help I suspect I am being complained about at work to my supervisor. Should I go to my supervisor and ask him about it, saying that I would love some feedback and to know what I am doing wrong or will I come across as being paranoid? Any suggestions much appreciated, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Ruth2 wrote: »
    :eek: Help I suspect I am being complained about at work to my supervisor. Should I go to my supervisor and ask him about it, saying that I would love some feedback and to know what I am doing wrong or will I come across as being paranoid? Any suggestions much appreciated, Thanks :)
    I had the same prob , went to my supervisor and it turned out some people where just spreading roumers and every thing was grand it was deff worth it as put my mind at ease

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

just make sure you cover your own ass, dot the i's and cross the t's if you get my meaning, you cant get fired from people spreading rumours about you. Focus on your job and working to maximum capacity and your employer wont give a toss about rumours around you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

leonidas83 wrote: »
    just make sure you cover your own ass, dot the i's and cross the t's if you get my meaning, you cant get fired from people spreading rumours about you. Focus on your job and working to maximum capacity and your employer wont give a toss about rumours around you

This is not quiet true, if the people that are dissatisfied are "customers" internal or external of your boss or dept. then their opinion will count and impact your bosses opinion of your performance.

Employees that look for feedback are valuable, it shows that they are concerned about their performance and are trying to improve, a good manager should appreciate this. At the very least, it allows your manager to address an issue if there is one, some managers are not very good at confronting their employees and will let little issues fester, this sort of manager will much prefer you to open the discussion.

Advertisement