Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Darts in Dublin

• 29-09-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Premier League Darts is finally hitting Dublin on 22nd March at the 02 Arena, shoule be a good night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

nice one look forward to this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Interesting news. I didn't think they'd ever bring the Premier League to Dublin with the Grand Prix already there but the PDC must see potential in Ireland to have a Premier League event here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wow awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya brilliant news, obviously sky like what they see, mental crowds up the darts and the craic. Nice to have two events now pretty much six months apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

thats great, looking forward to that. im glad we will get a PL event. there was talk last year after a few incidents happened at the grand prix that it would lessen our chances of getting a place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SPY180

Yeah great news wounder hom much the tickets will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Interesting news. I didn't think they'd ever bring the Premier League to Dublin with the Grand Prix already there but the PDC must see potential in Ireland to have a Premier League event here.

Already been premier league nights for last 3/4 years

Devastator wrote: »
    Already been premier league nights for last 3/4 years
    Quite correct Devastator,there has been very good nights in Belfast the past few years which I have praised in previous threads,just good to see an event coming to the Republic.

I'm surprized the support the Dublin premier league night is getting considering the stick the grand prix usually gets due to the crowd. Lets hope it goes well.

Does anyone have any experience with buying priority tickets by subscribing to pdclive website? I signed upto it because want to get a table this year and then only noticed after on pdc website it says tickets limited to 6 per customer? Surely if a table holds 8 it makes more sense to limit tickets to 8

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm surprized the support the Dublin premier league night is getting considering the stick the grand prix usually gets due to the crowd. Lets hope it goes well.

Does anyone have any experience with buying priority tickets by subscribing to pdclive website? I signed upto it because want to get a table this year and then only noticed after on pdc website it says tickets limited to 6 per customer? Surely if a table holds 8 it makes more sense to limit tickets to 8
    To be honest I'm surprised with the crowd problems that have been present at the last few Grand Prix that the PDC would have a Premier League event in Dublin. Then again Adrian Lewis got all sorts of stuff thrown at him at the Glasgow Premier League event yet there having another night there again next year!

I'd like to go to the O2 for the Dublin Premier League event but I don't think I will if the behaviour of the fans is anything like the Grand Prix! Let's hope I'm proved wrong and the crowd excels itself this week ahead with it's behaviour.

• Advertisement

well I managed to get a full table in the 3rd row is a great result!

Roll on 23/2 in the odyssey...and end up rolling home blocked afterwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

when are tickets out?

sc86 wrote: »
    when are tickets out?

priority tickets this morning(Monday) at 9
    General sale next Monday at 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Priority tickets for O2 Customers go on sale tomorrow morning, yet the o2 blueroom site has nothing up about it meaning i cant get a code to buy tickets, anyone get a text to say what the code is or that? They are absolutely useless at times when people are waiting to get a code, its always last minute with them, ****ing usless *****

EDIT: Got it sorted, half past 4 on the evening before tickets go onsale they make codes available. They are a disgrace

Text DARTS to 51020 for anyone else that might need this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 diesel major

Is this an over 18s event.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is this an over 18s event.

No, all ages are welcome.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Trying to get tickets awkward on ticketmaster, what does the family ticket thing mean, is it for more than one>?

Trying to get a table organised but sure its seems difficult....:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Family ticket is for the family section, probably to try and keep kids away from all the gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

DB10 wrote: »

Trying to get a table organised but sure its seems difficult....:confused:
    Seems to be only singles left in tables.Anyone think more table seats will be become available closer to the date?

crouchie15 wrote: »
    Seems to be only singles left in tables.Anyone think more table seats will be become available closer to the date?

nope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Little Miss *

Hi, so Ive decided to get tickets for my boyfriend for the premier league darts in the O2, wasnt with him when tickets went on sale so have missed out on the best tickets / tables, I am looking on ticketmaster and the tickets I am getting are Block L Row 41, but when I look on the sitting plan it only has blocks A-G, how good will the view be or would just being there be good enough with the craic and atmosphere etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Hi, so Ive decided to get tickets for my boyfriend for the premier league darts in the O2, wasnt with him when tickets went on sale so have missed out on the best tickets / tables, I am looking on ticketmaster and the tickets I am getting are Block L Row 41, but when I look on the sitting plan it only has blocks A-G, how good will the view be or would just being there be good enough with the craic and atmosphere etc.
    Thanks

I think the view will be pretty much the same where ever you're sat

They'll have loads of big screens dotted around the place so its a much of a muchness really

My missus got me the cheapo tickets, they'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I'm looking for two or three tickets to this. Anybody selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jambon29

I see their are no tickets available on Ticketmaster. What kind of crowd will be at this? 6 or 7 thousand maybe? can't wait anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sky said there there's been 9,000 tickets sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jambon29

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sky said there there's been 9,000 tickets sold!
    Bloody hell, never thought they'd sell that much tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

there's gonna be some atmosphere at that.

im getting langered!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

there's gonna be some atmosphere at that.

im getting langered!!! :D

Don't even attempt to skip me in the queue for the bar!!! :D

When Taylor and Barney walked out in Belfast a couple of weeks back, the atmosphere was truly electric. It was like a walk on for a boxing match! Hopefully we get similar in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

Anyone know what the line up will be. Who's playing who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

tamloc wrote: »
    Anyone know what the line up will be. Who's playing who?

Week Seven
    March 22 - The O2, Dublin
    Andy Hamilton v Simon Whitlock
    Adrian Lewis v Kevin Painter
    Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v James Wade

pdc website

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Anybody know if this is completely sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

messi1985 wrote: »
    Week Seven
    March 22 - The O2, Dublin
    Andy Hamilton v Simon Whitlock
    Adrian Lewis v Kevin Painter
    Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v James Wade

pdc website

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any one know what the restricted view tickets on Ticketmaster for the Darts on Thursday night would be like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Looks like it's sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

First time going along to this tomorrow and looking forward to it. I assume queues for the bars will be crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

KevIRL wrote: »
    First time going along to this tomorrow and looking forward to it. I assume queues for the bars will be crazy?

the new O2 is great for lack of queues for toilets and bars etc - now that of course has been for gigs I've been at rather than darts - and the dart audience would be bigger drinkers than a normal concert but i'm optomistic that it will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

I have 2 tickets going spare at face value (2 x 25 euro) should anybody be looking for a pair. Can't make it myself now :(

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

Tickets can be collected from Louth today or from Dublin Southside tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets going spare at face value (2 x 25 euro) should anybody be looking for a pair. Can't make it myself now :(

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Balmudo

decrrrrrr wrote: »

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

Are these tickets still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Tickets are available and I have them in Leopardstown...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Balmudo

If you can meet me in town this evening I will take them, unfortunately I cannot make it out to Leopardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Looks like a big cockfest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Cannot believe how packed it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lots of empty seats at the front, must be reserved for the prawn cocktail brigade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lots of empty seats at the front, must be reserved for the prawn cocktail brigade!
    They will probably stroll in for the last match

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ballocavendish

Good start! Seems to be some atmosphere at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

never going to the PL in the point again, not without table tickets.

absolute nightmare, every fifteen minutes having to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. Cnts going in one minute, out the next, people not watching the darts, instead having screaming conversations with other people two rows back. Fck off.

Barney's match was the best one, couldn't believe how Wade just crumbled against Taylor.

Des wrote: »
    never going to the PL in the point again, not without table tickets.

absolute nightmare, every fifteen minutes having to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. Cnts going in one minute, out the next, people not watching the darts, instead having screaming conversations with other people two rows back. Fck off.

That's the nature of a darts crowd these days, the lads sitting around me hadn't a clue what was going on. Also the booing really annoys the hell out of me. I asked the guy beside me why he was booing and his answer was to be a part of the crowd! Gob****e.

Some nice darts thrown but I realise why i don't really like the premier League now, it's a bloody circus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Citywest was a million times better, imo.

and I'm booking my tickets for that on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I have to agree with the previous 2 posters. I'm a massive darts fan and went to the O2 last nite with the wife. It was a f***in joke. We had absolutely no comfort trying to watch it. Up and down out of our seats every 30 seconds for gobsh*tes who wouldn't know who Phil Taylor was if they met him in the street. We saw guys fighting, guys smoking a couple of rows away and guys who were so pissed they could hardly stand up. The booing thing baffles me. Every time Hamilton went to throw at a double everyone was booing and some people shouting nasty things. Then after Hamilton hits the double, those same people start cheering for him. I mean wtf is that about????? I love darts as a sport and have always played and watched it growing up, but to be honest what we witnessed last night has really left a sour taste in the mouth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement