Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Anybody know if this is completely sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

messi1985 wrote: »
    Week Seven
    March 22 - The O2, Dublin
    Andy Hamilton v Simon Whitlock
    Adrian Lewis v Kevin Painter
    Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v James Wade

pdc website

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any one know what the restricted view tickets on Ticketmaster for the Darts on Thursday night would be like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Looks like it's sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

First time going along to this tomorrow and looking forward to it. I assume queues for the bars will be crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

KevIRL wrote: »
    First time going along to this tomorrow and looking forward to it. I assume queues for the bars will be crazy?

the new O2 is great for lack of queues for toilets and bars etc - now that of course has been for gigs I've been at rather than darts - and the dart audience would be bigger drinkers than a normal concert but i'm optomistic that it will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

I have 2 tickets going spare at face value (2 x 25 euro) should anybody be looking for a pair. Can't make it myself now :(

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

Tickets can be collected from Louth today or from Dublin Southside tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets going spare at face value (2 x 25 euro) should anybody be looking for a pair. Can't make it myself now :(

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Balmudo

decrrrrrr wrote: »

Block G
    Row 15
    Seats 211/212

Are these tickets still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Tickets are available and I have them in Leopardstown...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Balmudo

If you can meet me in town this evening I will take them, unfortunately I cannot make it out to Leopardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Looks like a big cockfest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

Cannot believe how packed it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lots of empty seats at the front, must be reserved for the prawn cocktail brigade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lots of empty seats at the front, must be reserved for the prawn cocktail brigade!
    They will probably stroll in for the last match

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ballocavendish

Good start! Seems to be some atmosphere at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

never going to the PL in the point again, not without table tickets.

absolute nightmare, every fifteen minutes having to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. Cnts going in one minute, out the next, people not watching the darts, instead having screaming conversations with other people two rows back. Fck off.

Barney's match was the best one, couldn't believe how Wade just crumbled against Taylor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Des wrote: »
    never going to the PL in the point again, not without table tickets.

absolute nightmare, every fifteen minutes having to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. Cnts going in one minute, out the next, people not watching the darts, instead having screaming conversations with other people two rows back. Fck off.

That's the nature of a darts crowd these days, the lads sitting around me hadn't a clue what was going on. Also the booing really annoys the hell out of me. I asked the guy beside me why he was booing and his answer was to be a part of the crowd! Gob****e.

Some nice darts thrown but I realise why i don't really like the premier League now, it's a bloody circus!

Citywest was a million times better, imo.

and I'm booking my tickets for that on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I have to agree with the previous 2 posters. I'm a massive darts fan and went to the O2 last nite with the wife. It was a f***in joke. We had absolutely no comfort trying to watch it. Up and down out of our seats every 30 seconds for gobsh*tes who wouldn't know who Phil Taylor was if they met him in the street. We saw guys fighting, guys smoking a couple of rows away and guys who were so pissed they could hardly stand up. The booing thing baffles me. Every time Hamilton went to throw at a double everyone was booing and some people shouting nasty things. Then after Hamilton hits the double, those same people start cheering for him. I mean wtf is that about????? I love darts as a sport and have always played and watched it growing up, but to be honest what we witnessed last night has really left a sour taste in the mouth.

• Advertisement

another thing

the chanting in English accents

Hilarious.

"Bawney Awmay"

Half the crowd dressed in Orange belting out The Fields of Athenry was another "special" moment.

I was there last night, and while i agree with most of what the previous few post have said you're forgetting one very important factor - darts is not a sport it's entertainment, you need to liken it to wrestling - and it's become hugely popular because of that. And like wrestling there's the good guys and the bad guys and the chanting and the booing etc will continue.

what would you prefer? - a quiet hall with maybe 100 people that can see the board all applauding politley?? it's not going to happen!

there was 10000 people there last night paying good money to watch something they couldn't physically see! it's marketing genius!!, and beause of that it will attract crowds that don't give a toss and just want to drink and sing and boo.......that's entertainment folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ckone

Watched it all on tele last night and it came across as a good atmosphere. Dont think I would enjoy it if I was there though. Were there any big screens up where you could actually follow the action? How difficult was it getting a drink? The seating in the 02 just didnt look appropriate for the occasion.

there were big screens but even then you're struggling to see properly it's not like watching it at home. There was no problems at the bars - O2 is great for that in fairness - lots of bars lots of toilets so no hassle there.
    You can't see much at darts, so you go for the atmosphere - these guys are making huge money - Phil Taylor was a plumber and he's now making 2 million a year - they don't care if they get booed or if people are getting up and down the whole time - it's not like a circus - it is a circus!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

I’m reading everybody complaining about last night. If you’re a fan of darts you should know what it was going to be like. City west last year was ridicules. People spilling drink over you, Fights breaking out, People drunk and coked out of their head. I’m a big darts fan and listening to the booing disgusts me, I was looking forward to see John Henderson last year and he got booed every throw and because of that he never got into it. Let the players play their game and you will be entertained.

I went to the Alexandra Palace for the last two years and it’s a packed house, you get drunk people but not as bad as city west. The players get booed at the start on the walk on but it stops there.

Lakeside at the start of the year was great. Its small with a good atmosphere but the darts themselves is very week compared to PDC. It’s still a nice night out without drunk idiots fighting and spilling drink on top of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

i personally tought it was a much better set up to citywest
    pity the only good game was the barney match
    the fans singing about that bolton player who nearly died was a bit odd
    not as much scum as citywest + much better atmosphere
    for the lads complaining about standing up etc, what do you expect?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

paddyh117 wrote: »
    I was there last night, and while i agree with most of what the previous few post have said you're forgetting one very important factor - darts is not a sport it's entertainment, you need to liken it to wrestling - and it's become hugely popular because of that. And like wrestling there's the good guys and the bad guys and the chanting and the booing etc will continue.

Eh what? That makes zero sense, the two are not even slightly comparable.

And darts is a sport!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I had a great night and cant wait for next year.

The darts were brilliant, the setup was brilliant!

€6.00 for a glass of beer was a bit steep tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

Singing about a Bolton Player at the darts match ??

Idiots!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Eh what? That makes zero sense, the two are not even slightly comparable.

And darts is a sport!!

Actually I'd agree with that when referring to the PL - each bout is built up, commentators do kinda guide the crowd who to boo against - just listen to how they describe Painter, or King or Manley down the years - PL has more in common with WWE than it does a darts tournament

Advertisement