Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 29-09-2011 3:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, Just thought Id share a good offer from E-mobile on the Samsung galaxy S2.

Its 159 euro on bill pay. You can pay 14 euro a month a month for 18 months or 19 euro for 12 months with 100 mins and 100 txts.

I got it and got it unlocked and now use a three sim card with it. Its a pretty sweet deal e-mobile are offering. 14 squid a month is nothing for a phone this class

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

areyawell wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Just thought Id share a good offer from E-mobile on the Samsung galaxy S2.

Its 159 euro on bill pay. You can pay 14 euro a month a month for 18 months or 19 euro for 12 months with 100 mins and 100 txts.

I got it and got it unlocked and now use a three sim card with it. Its a pretty sweet deal e-mobile are offering. 14 squid a month is nothing for a phone this class

how did you unlock it,, do you not have to see out your emobile contract before unlocking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

says 219 on the website for select100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

AFAIK, initial purchasing cost of the SG2 on meteor and Emobile has gone up since when the OP posted..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

it,s a great phone.well better than the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

areyawell wrote: »

I got somebody a Galaxy S2 with Meteor yesterday. It's only a 12-month contract and the monthly cost is €60. The tariff includes unlimited calls to all networks anytime, but only 1GB of data. However, the Galaxy S2 is "free" with this tariff.

I have a 2GB tariff a month and I very, very rarely use more than 1GB. The person for whom I got this S2 tariff will definitely not use more than 1GB per month (especially as in most places she can now connect to wireless).

It really does pay to talk to them. I was genuinely going to move her to Tesco Mobile but Meteor gave her enough to keep her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Dionysus wrote: »
    I got somebody a Galaxy S2 with Meteor yesterday. It's only a 12-month contract and the monthly cost is €60. The tariff includes unlimited calls to all networks anytime, but only 1GB of data. However, the Galaxy S2 is "free" with this tariff.

I have a 2GB tariff a month and I very, very rarely use more than 1GB. The person for whom I got this S2 tariff will definitely not use more than 1GB per month (especially as in most places she can now connect to wireless).

It really does pay to talk to them. I was genuinely going to move her to Tesco Mobile but Meteor gave her enough to keep her.

That's a good price. Can't find that on the website. Might ring around tomorrow. Cheapest online is 69.99, with 75 per month for 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

MarkR wrote: »
    That's a good price. Can't find that on the website. Might ring around tomorrow. Cheapest online is 69.99, with 75 per month for 18 months

I rang the sales place telling them that I wanted to go on their €50 per month plan, which included free calls to all networks from 6pm until 8am every day, and all weekend, as well as 2GB of data. Meteor is giving me all of that without a new phone (I already have the Galaxy s1) on condition that I sign a 12-month contract.

They refused, however, to allow my friend get a phone for an extra bit of money along with the tariff I have. I told him about Tesco's offer (€55 for 1000 minutes, 2GB and the Galaxy) and he went away to his supervisor and came back with the €60 per month Galaxy S2 offer I mentioned in the last post.

Ring them up and let them know you know about the Tesco offer for the Galaxy SII. That should do the trick.

Advertisement