Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any acoustic gigs on?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I'd really like to see some music where I'm not being deafened. Does this exist in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

PS not trad! I've had enough sessiuns to last a lifetime! Not into the ol' diddly-eye.

Thanks, chin_grin, I checked that listing - Maken's in Wexford, de Barra's in Clonakilty....

Any other possibles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Songcycle in Whelan's on Mondays is mostly acoustic I think:

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/archives/5479

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Upstairs in The Gypsy Rose is acoustic every night, it'll be a mixture of rock & blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Upstairs in The Gypsy Rose is acoustic every night, it'll be a mixture of rock & blues.

Despite my previous misgivings about the place in previous threads I have to say I recommend this. It's been the same (American I think) guy each time I've been there for it and he's really good and got the crowd going.

Downstairs in the Inter (The Unternational) had a decent acoustic guy a couple of Fridays ago. He played a wide range of covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks all, that's 2 places to check out. Lovely! (Although the last time I was downstairs at the "Unter'national" - was that pun intended? :D - omg, they could have really done with spending a few bob on renovations. Same ol' ripped seats since the 70s.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

Despite my previous misgivings about the place in previous threads I have to say I recommend this. It's been the same (American I think) guy each time I've been there for it and he's really good and got the crowd going.

There's Canadian, Dave Schneider, and American, Jimmy Coup, who play different gigs.

Dave plays all sorts, while Jimmy plays mainly Thin Lizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Thanks all, that's 2 places to check out. Lovely! (Although the last time I was downstairs at the "Unter'national" - was that pun intended? :D - omg, they could have really done with spending a few bob on renovations. Same ol' ripped seats since the 70s.)

Yes it was intended! And they've somewhat redecorated it recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Crawdaddy is a good intimate place. Check out there giglist, you tube potential artists and you'll decide yourself.

Advertisement