Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Theft in Dunhill/Buttlerstown/Tramore/city area

• 29-09-2011 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im just wondering has anybody heard of dogs being robbed in the dunhill area or surrounding areas..... My friends had a black terrier and a small yorkie robbed on them yesterday and Id appreciate if anybody has heard of any similiar incidents and the outcome....

We know it was the knackers who did it, just wondering does anybody know of similiar incidents where the dogs have been recoverd....

All help is appreciated....

I will put photos up once I get them....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dog in hillview robbed a few weeks back. He was found with some romanians I think it was. He's back home again. Cool little fella.
    The owner set up a Facebook page and everyone kept an eye out for the dog.
    Bring Dennis home I think it was called. Check it out and throw up pics of your mates dogs and we all share it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Happened to my neighbours jack russel, dog turned up in Ferrybank and we live in kilmeaden. Love to see em put there hands near my 2 dogs, the staff dont take to well to strangers and thats only if they got past the akita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Father was walking the dog a little while ago when a traveller came up and offered to buy the dog (this has happened lots before. She was originally abandoned while pregnant)
    Father told him she wasnt for sale and his recation was "Ill just have to steal her then"
    "Would ya now?"
    "I would"
    "Id know where to find her then"
    "Ah....yeah"
    And he ran off. Fcukin wastes

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Father was walking the dog a little while ago when a traveller came up and offered to buy the dog (this has happened lots before. She was originally abandoned while pregnant)
    Father told him she wasnt for sale and his recation was "Ill just have to steal her then"
    "Would ya now?"
    "I would"
    "Ah....yeah"
    seriously? Jaysis that's mental. Ah good punch in the throat for the fecker. Crazy how he blatantly admitted it. Then if your father called the cops the fella would have pulled out the minorty pavey point etc card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

seanybiker wrote: »
    seriously? Jaysis that's mental. Ah good punch in the throat for the fecker. Crazy how he blatantly admitted it. Then if your father called the cops the fella would have pulled out the minorty pavey point etc card.

We're used to loads attention from them cause of the dog(a whippet). Not like shed be any use to them since shes too timid to hunt & old now. Porbably abandon her again

• Advertisement

We're used to loads attention from them cause of the dog(a whippet). Not like shed be any use to them since shes too timid to hunt & old now. Porbably abandon her again
    I love whippets. Gorgeous dogs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Not sure about the areas you listed in the thread title but I've heard many stories of dogs taken in town. One family had the nerve to report the travellers to the guards and for this crime their dog was taken and returned to them in a box! I know someone whose dog was taken from their back garden eventhough it's got a gate on it. Most of the time if they dog is no use for breeding they might throw it into a dog fight or just leave it on the side of the road. Pure scum (the people who do this - not all travellers I hasten to add) who deserve to be put down themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

seanybiker wrote: »
    Dog in hillview robbed a few weeks back. He was found with some romanians I think it was. He's back home again. Cool little fella.
    The owner set up a Facebook page and everyone kept an eye out for the dog.
    Bring Dennis home I think it was called. Check it out and throw up pics of your mates dogs and we all share it out.

Cool thanks for the advice, I'll get some photos of my buddy of them and get them on the web

yea my sister has a whippet/greyhound and they are always trying to rob him, guards had to be called evening cos they tried to snatch him while she was out walking him.... funny cos when she rescued him of the b**stards he was skin/bone and nerves... now hes a fine dog
    letsbet wrote: »
    Not sure about the areas you listed in the thread title but I've heard many stories of dogs taken in town. One family had the nerve to report the travellers to the guards and for this crime their dog was taken and returned to them in a box! I know someone whose dog was taken from their back garden eventhough it's got a gate on it. Most of the time if they dog is no use for breeding they might throw it into a dog fight or just leave it on the side of the road. Pure scum (the people who do this - not all travellers I hasten to add) who deserve to be put down themselves.

lets hope its nothing that sinister

thanks for all ye're help guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Cool thanks for the advice, I'll get some photos of my buddy of them and get them on the web

yea my sister has a whippet/greyhound and they are always trying to rob him, guards had to be called evening cos they tried to snatch him while she was out walking him.... funny cos when she rescued him of the b**stards he was skin/bone and nerves... now hes a fine dog

lets hope its nothing that sinister

thanks for all ye're help guys.

It's happening a lot in kilkenny too lately, although the recent trend is to do it for money. Someone I know had their dog taken, rang the guards and were told to put up a reward for the dog ('something worthwhile like €200'). They got a call a day after putting up the posters, travellers saying they had 'found' the dog. Guards just told them to pay it!

rayc wrote: »
    It's happening a lot in kilkenny too lately, although the recent trend is to do it for money. Someone I know had their dog taken, rang the guards and were told to put up a reward for the dog ('something worthwhile like €200'). They got a call a day after putting up the posters, travellers saying they had 'found' the dog. Guards just told them to pay it!

Good idea Il say it to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Most people don't have pet insurance but if they do a lot of companies will provide a reward for a missing dog. I'd say it leads to a fair few scams!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

"Would ya now?"
    "I would"
    "Ah....yeah"

I know several people that this has happened to. They seem to favour small terriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dognapping was discussed on national radio today, think it was Todayfm and there are about 2000 dogs stolen every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I know several people that this has happened to. They seem to favour small terriers.

Yip, very common.

My 13 year old who's very tall for his age was walking his grandfather's dog with his cousin up the fields by the Williamstown area when they were approached by 2 lads from up that way (you know who and from where).

They threatened to take the dogs....... unfortunately for them they didnt realise that the two lads are fairly proficient in MMA and let's just say they got their answer:cool:

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Yip, very common.

My 13 year old who's very tall for his age was walking his grandfather's dog with his cousin up the fields by the Williamstown area when they were approached by 2 lads from up that way (you know who and from where).

They threatened to take the dogs....... unfortunately for them they didnt realise that the two lads are fairly proficient in MMA and let's just say they got their answer:cool:

excellent, love seeing the fookers get whats coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I think it's terrible, I have a Jack Russle bitch and if anyone touched her I'd probably end up in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dee..x

Does anyone know of someone that has a missing husky?? Was leaving Grantstown Park last night and saw him wandering through. Followed him back towards my house to see if he knew where he was going, gave him water and food. Has a beige/brown collar on but no details. He looks about 2-3 and is really friendly but he ran off when he heard a dog bark further down the estate. I followed him but he vanished. :( He was seen at the entrance of the estate this morning but by the time I got there he was gone. Looks similar to this guy
    http://cainta.olx.com.ph/siberian-husky-for-sale-now-accepting-reservations-iid-35299409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I saw that little husky this morning before 9 at the Grantstown Park bus stop. He didn't look like he knew the area and just as I was getting the bus I could see him drinking from a puddle. I had to get the bus but I remember wondering if he was 'local'. He had black across the top of his back and a white patch on top near his collar (a brown one). The rest was grey and some white. Lovely dog, hope he manages to get home.

Advertisement