Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in ballyvolane

Options
  • 29-09-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Im sure alot of people have heard by now a man was killed today by a truck out past lidl in ballyvolane,road was closed and traffic on north ring road was mental.RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

RIP

Was it the cross roads before Lidl near the offie?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

It was further up a bit from there, on the way out to whites cross. Road was closed as far as the turn off to go up towards the church and St. Aidans school

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

awful to hear. Does anyone know what happened on church hill over towards glanmire this morning? (9-ish), there were a couple of garda cars and fire trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I was chatting about this with my mother tonight. I was saying how he could have been at home last night thinking about the weekend and then 24 hours later...gone. Makes you think doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Poor guy was out running apparently, as a runner myself that is so scary and upsetting. His poor family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Poor guy was out running apparently, as a runner myself that is so scary and upsetting. His poor family.

It's desperate - an experienced runner & apparently he just stumbled whilst out for his lunchtime run at the same time an artic was passing. His brother wrote that hit the Langer song - really decent family

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

poconnor16 wrote: »

Same here. I was only out running in the area myself last weekend, makes me think how easily it could have been me.

Looking at the Google street view imagery of part of the road, you can see cars parked taking up the entire footpath forcing people out onto the road with artics passing close to the kerb. Douchebags.

https://maps.google.ie/?ll=51.918187,-8.448765&spn=0.010826,0.031779&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=51.918223,-8.448897&panoid=Xw2WWgEb4Tmbrxx0H9k_GQ&cbp=12,84.8,,0,9.54

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Really upsetting, it could so easily not have happened. His poor family...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Stark wrote: »
    Same here. I was only out running in the area myself last weekend, makes me think how easily it could have been me.

Looking at the Google street view imagery of part of the road, you can see cars parked taking up the entire footpath forcing people out onto the road with artics passing close to the kerb. Douchebags.

https://maps.google.ie/?ll=51.918187,-8.448765&spn=0.010826,0.031779&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=51.918223,-8.448897&panoid=Xw2WWgEb4Tmbrxx0H9k_GQ&cbp=12,84.8,,0,9.54

That's Meadow Park Drive. Where it happened is here: http://g.co/maps/vsn6b
    Know someone living in about that area, we were always commenting on these idiots next door who would park on footpath (to be fair not the car pictured, but they would park their flotilla of vehicles, guess we'll find out in due course what happened.

(edit when I found the right place I pasted it and it still led me back to the area you posted, probably what happened with you so I posted a shorter url)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

It's a wonder there isn't a warden going up and down that street (and others I can think of) just doling out tickets, making a fortune for the council and curbing this behaviour.

The footpaths there seem particularly narrow for that kind of carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

It actually happened out further near the entrance to meelick park by the playground,i heard there was hedge cutting going on at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

http://g.co/maps/pwr97 Hedge cutting was not in the immediate area.

Advertisement