Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arsenal

Options
  • 29-09-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I am really looking forward to Sunday.
    At the moment I think we have far to much for this current Arsenal side.
    Been texting a couple of gooners running up to this and they are very quiet.
    I don't think they can use the old "our team is better than yours" any more!
    I think with Parker and Sandro in midfield, this will allow Modric to push further forward and help the striker(s).
    Ade will be well up for it and is in form, along with Defoe.
    I really can see us giving them a right thumping.
    Predicting 4-1!
    I hope the gooners bring plenty of bottles for Whinger to kick and Pat Rice doesn't forget his blacked out glasses :D
    FCOYS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Looking forward to it too, we couldn't be facing them at a better time

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Although I am really confident we can beat them on Sunday, it`s a North London Derby, and current form goes out the window! Really looking forward to going over. A 4pm kick off instead of the usual 12.45, The lane will be rocking, the atmosphere will be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

first time in a long time i have been confident playing against the ARSEnal.

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Looking forward to it too, we couldn't be facing them at a better time

I don't like it when we're favs. I'll take 1-0.

yidweiser wrote: »
    Well I don't know about the rest of you but I am really looking forward to Sunday.
    I think with Parker and Sandro in midfield, this will allow Modric to push further forward and help the striker(s).
    Predicting 4-1!
    I hope the gooners bring plenty of bottles for Whinger to kick and Pat Rice doesn't forget his blacked out glasses :D
    FCOYS!

Easy, easy! 1-0 will do just fine.

• Advertisement

yidweiser wrote: »
    Predicting 4-1!
    FCOYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

ruiseal wrote: »

Totally agree John. I dont like when we are favourites either, the gooners are still dangerous going forward and are well capable of causing us problems. I will be as nervous as I would be in any NLD tbh. People should not get too carried away as the game still has to be won and the boys need to put in 100% effort. COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wouldn't be getting to cocky yet lads,as Damien said any thing can happen in these derby games.having said that I do feel a bit better about our prospects in this one than in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'm more confident than i have been over the years but we still need to be wary .. Its important that Sandro and Parker get stuck into their midfield and boss it.
    Also our defence has to remember that vanpersie always cuts in on his left ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

While I am confident, i am worried that we are expcected to probably beat them on current form etc..which we are not used to over the years.

I'll be happy with any sort of victory..

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Heading for the Airport at 4:30 for a long weekend with the game as the highlight. A massive thank you to Hatch for sorting me out with tickets. I owe you one mate. I agree with the comments above form goes out the window for this one it all depends on which Spurs we see on Sunday The bottlers or the Men. I think King & Parker may be the deciding factor on this. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Brad
    -Walker - King - Kaboul - BAE-
    Lennon - Modric - Parker - Bale
    Defoe - Ade

Bench - VDV, Sandro, Bassong, Gio, Gomes (are 7 subs allowed now?)

A win would be bloody marvellous. Ade is going to be seriously fired up for this one and I hope he keeps his cool. Himself and Defoe are in great form and are starting to form a very good partnership so hopefully this continues.

Van Persie always plays well in WHL so expect a big game from him. They have a bit of pace so we need Lennon/Walker/Bale all prepared for big shifts. Parker will love this one too.

Agree with that set up Suprsi however I would start VDV and bring on Lennon at 70mins for a bit of pace against tired legs. Is Gallas not fit for this game? If so I'd have him on the bench.

A massive thank you to Hatch for sorting me out with tickets. I owe you one mate. !

No bother mate, enjoy, hopefully you bring us some good luck !

If King doesn't break down we won't need luck.
    I've got that half excited half bricking it feeling but I'm sure I'll find a cure for that over the weekend. Speaking of which, where would you lads suggest for a few drinks prior and post match?

If King doesn't break down we won't need luck.
    I've got that half excited half bricking it feeling but I'm sure I'll find a cure for that over the weekend. Speaking of which, where would you lads suggest for a few drinks prior and post match?

Try the Bricklayers mate. It's down the North end of the stadium on the left side of the road, a couple of hundred yards passed the stadium itself. It will be handy enough for you when your going in too, you'll just need to walk around passed the North Stand and your in your area in the East.

Are you staying in london city yeah ? Do you know the best way out to the stadium from where your staying ?

Sound I'll head for there so.
    I'm staying outside Camden, so as far as I can make out the best way is tube from Belsize pk. to Euston and Euston to Seven sisters?

Sound I'll head for there so.
    I'm staying outside Camden, so as far as I can make out the best way is tube from Belsize pk. to Euston and Euston to Seven sisters?

and at seven sisters, you could always jump on the national express to white hart lane station, it's around the corner from the bricklayers, it's only 3 or 4minutes on the train. The queen wont want to walk all the way up the high road from seven sisters :)

ha ha you must've met her... Thanks for the advice I reckon I'll do that. 29deg in London this weekend I better pack my shorts :cool:

ha ha you must've met her... Thanks for the advice I reckon I'll do that. 29deg in London this weekend I better pack my shorts :cool:

Maybe i did meet her :D;)
    Beer garden all the way, enjoy

• Advertisement

Will do. I'm leavin work now I'll let ya know how I got on on my return. Heres to a good one. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Have a great trip Maynoothspur.
    Bring home the bacon!
    This is going to be a special derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

have an uneasy feeling about Sunday

don't like being expected to win against the scum

I've been damaged by them too many times over the years

I'll only start enyoying it if we're 3 nil up with 10mins to go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As sorry as i felt for Arsenal and Wenger recently....i hope we hammer them! Will be a tough game though. Derby's are always tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kiith wrote: »
    As sorry as i felt for Arsenal and Wenger recently....i hope we hammer them! Will be a tough game though. Derby's are always tight.

Will he play Defoe up top with ade ?

I don't think he well. Harry said he likes the look of sandro and Parker in centre mid. Luca on right and vdv off adebayour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I have a feeling he played Defoe last night because he'll be benched on Sunday.

4-4-1-1 with Vdv off Ade. With King, Kaboul, Sandro and Parker in the centre we'll hopefully be too strong for Whingers little boys;)

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I have a feeling he played Defoe last night because he'll be benched on Sunday.

4-4-1-1 with Vdv off Ade. With King, Kaboul, Sandro and Parker in the centre we'll hopefully be too strong for Whingers little boys;)

COYS!
    I'd be very happy with that formation. Even in their current form I don't think it's wise going 4-4-2 against Arsenal.

I'm banking on Adebayor to score at least 2, made him captain over Rooney at home to Norwich in FF.

I'd still snap your hand off for a 1-0 with the winner from Kaboul's arse in a goal mouth scramble.

COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RYZE

looking for to the match to mon the spurs this is whatll happen ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhppkGQw50

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

RYZE wrote: »
    looking for to the match to mon the spurs this is whatll happen ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhppkGQw50

WTF? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

for the 1st time in years we are actually favourites for this 1 and i dont like it,a favourites tag has never suited us and we nearly always fcuk things up,that said we are playing some great stuff and theres a bit of a swagger about us,i dont see us losing but i can see arsenal getting something outta this,there will be goals galore too i think.
    hope i'm wrong and we win but i think it will be a 2-2 draw.

Advertisement