Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arsenal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

phew...........excellent win against the auld enemy,5 points clear of them with a game in hand.looks like its between us a liverpool for 4th and we are way stronger than them in all departments.
    as for the match itself...we had our usual dodgy moments but i dont remember friedel making a decent save nor van persie doing anything threathening,poor misses when 1 on 1 with the keeper could have cost us today,glad it didnt.....bring on the toon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

:D:D:D
    Brilliant win.
    Not our best performance in the world, but i'll take not playing well and winning every day of the week.. Arsenal played well, better than they have been recently, and i actually think we were lucky with the rafa goal decision, but we were due some good luck against them i think :D

Parker, work a bit harder will ye :D

Throwing the kids around the sitting room when walker scored, glorious stuff...magical....COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i dont actually think we played that bad. i think that ARSEnal were gettin on top til we scored and that they did deserved there goal but were we that bad????

now i was in a pub watching so i know you dont pay as much attention as if i was sitting at home like a lunatic

thats said,

walker, king parker and adebayor good games i felt. latter two should have scored but keeper for ARSEnal(cant spell his name ) played well and saved a few good efforts but not the 2 that count!!! boom............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Was that Ledly's first league win over Arsenal?

• Advertisement

Was that Ledly's first league win over Arsenal?

no

King won his first game ever against Arsenal in the league on April 14, 2010, with a 2–1 win, which he played 90 minutes of.

taken from this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ledley_King

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Great result lads. Thought Arsenal were going to get the point. Delighted with Walker, Parker, and a few others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Its been a long couple of days, after the surreal atmosphere at the lane on Thursday night yesterday was the complete opposite. Electric from the moment I got to my seat. Great banter as always.

One of the highlights for me was the Arsenal fan who prior to the start of the game was walking to his seat giving the spurs fans the finger but not looking where he was going and missed a step falling flat on his face.

thought we set up wrong, sandro should have been in from the start but overall deserved the win. Was worried after they scored as we seemed to stand off and let them play as they wanted but we showed strength to come back from that. Parker, awesome, covered every blade of grass. We should have finished it off easier than we did but that wouldnt be spurs would it.

Park lane upr rocking when we scored and at full time was just special. Great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Absolutely great day .... Redknapp did his best to spoil the team with his selection ... Sandro should have started imho but as it turned out when sandro came on he was immense ...

Great to get one over the mouthy lot from south of the river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Absolutely great day .... Redknapp did his best to spoil the team with his selection ... Sandro should have started imho but as it turned out when sandro came on he was immense ...

Great to get one over the mouthy lot from south of the river

bit of a childish comment there saying redknapp did he best to spoil the team ! he went with an attacking lineup because at home we always attack and attack. sandro is not an attacking midfielder. Who would you have started sandro instead of ? modric ? vdv (who scored )

Going with an attacking lineup was the best choice and then bring on sandro when we started to get a little weak in the middle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was wondering that too, how would we have brought Sandro into the team? Who would we drop?

ziedth wrote: »
    I was wondering that too, how would we have brought Sandro into the team? Who would we drop?

Would have defoe on bench and played VDV off Ade mainly because VDV puts the ball in the net at a way better rate than defoe. Would bring defoe on when VDV starts huffing and puffing after 60 mins - on another note how does he look so unfit, he has to have an underlying problem that effects him?

I think there is enough attacking force with Bale, Modric in the midfield and Ade VDV up front, also have Walker coming through on right now. VDV offers little from a defensive point of view and I dont think we can carry players in the midfield who cant or wont work back but would start with him as he is always likely to nick a goal. At one stage yest JD was back in the middle breaking his neck covering whilst VDV got his breath back up front.
    In saying all this I thought Defoe done very well yest in general play.

Hindsight is a great thing ;)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Hindsight is a great thing ;)
    Ha ha, was honestly saying we should start like that all week ;)

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Ha ha, was honestly saying we should start like that all week ;)

:D anyway a win is a win, i wouldn't have minded if clive allen had started once we won !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The worm has finally turned in North London....

Arsenal are a selling club, Tottenham are not, COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

After the 8-2 jokes went on 4-3 weeks, arsenal have turned in 2-1 big joke.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

After a tough start we have a run of games now that we will hopefully claim most of the points from Newcastle and Chelsea aside alot of the teams have been very patchy so far this year.

Away Newcastle Utd

Away Blackburn

Home QPR

Away Fulham

Home Aston Villa

Away West Brom

Home Bolton

Away Stoke City

Home Sunderland

Home Chelsea

Away Norwich City

Away Swansea

We picked up 22 out of 36 points in the corresponding fixtures last year with Norwich subbed for West Ham, Swansea for Blackpool and QPR for Birmingham.
    If we picked up the same number of points we would be up three points on last season at January but I'd hope to pick up maybe 27-30 points which would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

After a tough start we have a run of games now that we will hopefully claim most of the points from Newcastle and Chelsea aside alot of the teams have been very patchy so far this year.

Away Newcastle Utd

Away Blackburn

Home QPR

Away Fulham

Home Aston Villa

Away West Brom

Home Bolton

Away Stoke City

Home Sunderland

Home Chelsea

Away Norwich City

Away Swansea

We picked up 22 out of 36 points in the corresponding fixtures last year with Norwich subbed for West Ham, Swansea for Blackpool and QPR for Birmingham.
    If we picked up the same number of points we would be up three points on last season at January but I'd hope to pick up maybe 27-30 points which would be fantastic

True those games look nice on paper. But without sounding cliche, games are not won on paper so lets take one game at a time and see how we get on :).
    I think last year we would have expected to win a few games aswell which did not pan out that way, football is a funny game and results sometimes can be suprising. Having said all that we have a great squad and should do very well in all those games :D COYS!!!

Advertisement