Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'robottools.lib'

Options
  • 29-09-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am trying to compile the torcs' files in Visual C++2010, but i keep getting these errors: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'robottools.lib'
    I have checked the directories and the paths are there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

I had a similar error myself during the week. A clean, and then a rebuild fixed it for me.
    You might need to build some libraries and then link them in project properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839286

You should always google the error codes. Seems to be a problem with the intermediaries, kind of strange never had that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

That's a basic link error. It cannot find the file specified. Go search for the file, does it exist in another location?

either:
    a) your paths are wrong, and it cant find the .LIB file
    b) You didn't build the .lib file so it doesn't exist.

So go build the lib file or fix your paths. You don't need to "link them in project properties" because it's already trying to, it just can't find it.

Advertisement