Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA Distressed Property

Options
  • 29-09-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a website that I can visit to look at/register my interest in these auctions??

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a website that I can visit to look at/register my interest in these auctions??

TIA.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

TIA.

Allsop do distressed auctions every few months here, think there might be one this month, but don't think they are necessarily NAMA if at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

30th November 2011 Auction

http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/onlineCatalogue.asp

Can anyone go in and have a snoop?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ronan45 wrote: »
    30th November 2011 Auction

http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/onlineCatalogue.asp

Can anyone go in and have a snoop?

Yes but I've heard it can get very packed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Yes but I've heard it can get very packed out.

There'll be a live feed on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

zac8 wrote: »
    There'll be a live feed on their website.

Oh excellent, Ill set my reminder now should be interesting. Will give a realistic look at where the market is!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TIA.

What exactly do you mean by 'NAMA Distressed Property'?
    None of the property in the Allsop/All of Space auctions is in NAMA- normally it would be property which has had a receiver appointed to it, or which has been relinquished to a lender. NAMA has not commenced auctioning off property (other than limited commercial property, alongside some assets such as artworks that it has ceased).

If you are referring to the proposed NAMA sale of residential property, and the mortgage scheme- the proposed details are that NAMA would provide a 5 year 80% mortgage, for the property, at the end of which the 20% would be due if the property was the same or a higher value than that paid for it, and it would be up to the individual at that time to raise a mortgage with one of the commercial banks for either the purchase price, or the 80% (depending on what has happened to prices in the interim)- and replace the NAMA mortgage with a conventional mortgage. (i.e. the NAMA mortgage is a shortterm financing to get the property off its hands- and the purchaser has to be in a position to get a regular mortgage down the road to repay NAMA).

The legislation for this hasn't been passed (or even properly discussed) yet, so its a case of keep an eye on this space for updates.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,518 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's all on the nama website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ted1 wrote: »
    It's all on the nama website.

Visited that site and wasn't sure where to be looking for info re: auctions, which is why I posted the question here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 louik

There is an auction in the Shelbourne 30/11/2011. you will get the info on www.allsopspace.ie. They have an office on Pembroke St. Dublin 2 if you wanted a brochure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement