Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So have my driving test in the morning:) Tips?

• 29-09-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi have my test at 9.00am tomorrow morning:) any useful tips from successful or unsuccessful people here:D im not nervious about the driving part as iv 5years expierience in that part:)

any help appreciated
    david:)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Good luck in any case.
    At least reading the rules of the road will aid you in getting to sleep :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Relax, stay focused, and never throw in the towel, even if you think you've messed it up.

Other than that, best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Open the car door for the tester when he\she is getting in, check your mirrors every 20 seconds or so during the test (for observation) and watch your speed - best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

thanks lads:) il never throw in a towell:) haha anyone know what the most common questions theyd ask you would be:)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Its a good few years since I did mine, but the one thing that stood out was the fact that the tester was writing constantly which was very unnerving.

I thought I'd failed after 2 minutes, but it turned out they write everything down - good or bad. Relaxed me no end after a while cos I thought I had failed and I said I might as well enjoy the rest of it. Luckily enough for me I passed.

As such, go in there with the attitude that the tester assumes you can drive and its only you that can prove to him that you can't. Innocent until proven guilty kind of thing.

Other than that I wish you good luck and hope you pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

One thing,make sure the tester actually sees you checking the mirrors,,by moving your head a little bit more than normal,,once failed it because I had an action-man eyes thing going on..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

I assume you have L plates displayed? Tax, insurance, NCT and license all in order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Try not to think about it to much when your driving tomorrow.

When the tester is asking you to drive here, turn here, etc. Just imagine its one of your mates giving you directions, ie, drive as you do usally, just making sure you follow the rules of the road.

Also make sure you have all your fluids topped up, all the lights are working, the the car is clean and tidy.

thanks lads:)im using a driving instructors honda jazz:) as i dont think my toyota leivn would be suitable for a test haha:) open the door for him thats a good one:) maybe slip him 50quid as he sits in no?:P only jokin hahah:) really hope i pass be over the moon:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Any luck? :)

• Advertisement

Any luck? :)

yeeeeeeeeee i passed!!:) 4 grade 2's and 1 green:) so delighted words cant decribe it! haha thanks for all the help guys!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well done, that's great! Safe driving :)

Advertisement