Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest topic in honours maths

• 29-09-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

What do people think the hardest topic in the honours maths course?

Im asking because im doing integration at the moment and am completely lost.Im afraid that it could get even harder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Haha you're in luck mate, Further series and Calculus the really heavy stuff is off the coarse now along with vectors. Integration isn't too bad for me to be honest and the lads in my class don't find it too hard. Finding the areas gets tricky apparently but now that further calculus is gone that should be as hard as it gets. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I wouldn't worry too much. I often find particular topics really hard while I'm doing them, then I go back to revise them a few months later and its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Binomial is horrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I did the old HL maths course (did my LC in 2011), and I found the hardest concept to grasp in maths was probability. But I got it in the end, and ended up doing both probability questions on the day (back when we had options in paper 2 :') )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Never liked probability myself, glad i was able to leave it out on the day. I didn't mind the statistics, but that's probably because it wasn't really statistics, just a couple of formulae and then algebra/sequences and series.

I also never really found Complex numbers and matrices to be particularly interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I don't know why but I find all of differentiation and Integration incredibly easy as is trig... However i ****ing hate probability :mad: Probably due to my awful teacher who isnt even qualified!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We're doing probability right now and we're on the second chapter and its like primary school stuff...I dont see whats hard about it? :confused: Does it get ridiculously complicated? I'm not trying to be mean or something but really I think algebra and differentiation are the hardest so far.

Advertisement