Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Maths Sample Papers for LC in June 2012

• 29-09-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to where I can find the department's sample papers that will be relevant to student's sitting Leaving cert. Maths next June (2012).

As far as I am aware these students will have an unchanged paper 1 but will have phase one of Project maths on paper two.

Anyone know exactly what topics are on the new paper 2?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

They haven't been issued yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Check my post in the thread Maths and Irish papers. There are sample papers available from the project schools who sat the exam last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Indeed, but the sample papers for the national rollout to all schools have not yet been issued.

There are four sets of official papers from SEC out there at this stage:
    - sample papers for pilot schools for 2010 exams
    - actual papers done by the pilot schools in 2010
    - sample papers for the pilot schools in 2011
    - actual papers done by pilot schools in 2011

There are also mock papers prepared for use in the pilot schools in 2010 and 2011 by the NCCA.

Anyway, I would say there's no need to worry about exam papers for a while. Just do what it says in the syllabus.

I get the impression from the OP's original message that (s)he is helping someone who's doing the exam, or giving grinds.

In terms of the structure of the exam paper, if it's a higher level student you're dealing with, the 2011 sample and actual paper 2s are the best guide, along with the pre-existing paper 1s from the old syllabus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Indeed, but the sample papers for the national rollout to all schools have not yet been issued.

There are four sets of official papers from SEC out there at this stage:
    - sample papers for pilot schools for 2010 exams
    - actual papers done by the pilot schools in 2010
    - sample papers for the pilot schools in 2011
    - actual papers done by pilot schools in 2011

There are also mock papers prepared for use in the pilot schools in 2010 and 2011 by the NCCA.

Anyway, I would say there's no need to worry about exam papers for a while. Just do what it says in the syllabus.

I get the impression from the OP's original message that (s)he is helping someone who's doing the exam, or giving grinds.

In terms of the structure of the exam paper, if it's a higher level student you're dealing with, the 2011 sample and actual paper 2s are the best guide, along with the pre-existing paper 1s from the old syllabus.
    Oh ya, wasnt trying to create a wring impression, more that there are papers out there if you really need em!

Advertisement