Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 100 mbs question.

• 29-09-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am moving to new address where I moved from Smarttelecomt to UPC 100 mbs package. So will I get my router and stuff delivered since i picked custom install. And how does that work? I mean don't they need to install an UPC line or some crap like that? It's in middle of city centre, and when I entered address it said that service is available at that apartment. Does this mean they have line there already and they will just make it active for me?
    Also to 100 mbs package users: what's the average donload speed you reach? In mb/s ? and whats the upload speed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, I am moving to new address where I moved from Smarttelecomt to UPC 100 mbs package. So will I get my router and stuff delivered since i picked custom install. And how does that work? I mean don't they need to install an UPC line or some crap like that? It's in middle of city centre, and when I entered address it said that service is available at that apartment. Does this mean they have line there already and they will just make it active for me?
    Also to 100 mbs package users: what's the average donload speed you reach? In mb/s ? and whats the upload speed?

They will have an engineer come to your home and install the router and do a line test, they should of told you what day this is going to happen when you rang them.

My usual download speed in Mb/s is around 95-100Mb/s . In MB/s it maxes at around 12.5-13 MB/s And I would get about 800KB/s upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Limericks wrote: »
    They will have an engineer come to your home and install the router and do a line test, they should of told you what day this is going to happen when you rang them.

My usual download speed in Mb/s is around 95-100Mb/s . In MB/s it maxes at around 12.5-13 MB/s And I would get about 800KB/s upload

eem I applied online actually. Also nice speed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

arleitiss wrote: »
    eem I applied online actually. Also nice speed :D

Ahh then I believe they will ring you then soon with a date. That speed is off peak. On peak i would get about 7MB/s constant and bursting to 12.5 every now and again. Constant 12.5-13 after 7-8 PM though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Limericks wrote: »
    Ahh then I believe they will ring you then soon with a date. That speed is off peak. On peak i would get about 7Mb/s constant and bursting to 12.5 every now and again. Constant 12.5-13 after 7-8 PM though.
    Still good though.

Advertisement