Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchhouse Cross

• 29-09-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if the supermarket is planning on a new exit onto the Kileely Rd/Longpavement Rd at the lights?

Passed there this evening and notice some works going on and a new gate has been erected.

Initially, I was against these lights but there timing seems to be well controlled but adding this entrance along with the coal yard will made the waiting time longer and imho unnecessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd say it is pretty unlikely that it will be a car entrance or exit. That junction is too busy to accomadate a vehicle exit. They desperately need a pedestrian access route though from the Kileely side although it does seem a lot of work for a simple gate for pedestrians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'd say it is pretty unlikely that it will be a car entrance or exit. That junction is too busy to accomadate a vehicle exit. They desperately need a pedestrian access route though from the Kileely side although it does seem a lot of work for a simple gate for pedestrians.

At first glance that what I thought they were doing but I was stopped at the lights this evening and the sliding gate looks like wide enough for vehicular traffic, maybe it's going to be one way with an entrance only.

Advertisement