Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless Drill Dying - Battery or Charger

• 29-09-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I've a B&D 18V cordless hammer drill, probably 8 years old with the original battery.

These days when I charge it, it holds no charge. When I go to recharge it, the charger says it's full instantly, or within a few minutes at most. Any ideas on the best way to test the battery?

Not gung ho to but a new drill right no, but then....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

you awnsered that yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Maybe time to YouTube How to zap a battery....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Time to go to shop for shiny new drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Guess- but would say the cells in the battery are fooked after 8 yrs of charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Guess- but would say the cells in the battery are fooked after 8 yrs of charging.

of course they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

Nearly all batteries only last 1000 charges or so before they will have to be replaced...The catch side is that the difference between a nice new battery and a new drill is minimal....Shiny new drill it is...And you done well to get 8 yrs out of it

Advertisement