Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping issue

Options
  • 29-09-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm currently 8mb package and I'm getting a stable 6mb, something that doesn't bother me, however the ping in the evening is very unstable going from 14 to 200. The same problem happened about 2 years ago and after countless calls to customer support and emails it was fixed.

It seems to be the very same problem. I have been put onto the lower interleaving by customer support, however with my basic knowledge I pretty sure that is not the problem.

The general quality of internet I've been getting from eircom over the years has been horrible and I'm really getting sick of it.

Cheers

Phil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    I'm currently 8mb package and I'm getting a stable 6mb, something that doesn't bother me, however the ping in the evening is very unstable going from 14 to 200. The same problem happened about 2 years ago and after countless calls to customer support and emails it was fixed.

It seems to be the very same problem. I have been put onto the lower interleaving by customer support, however with my basic knowledge I pretty sure that is not the problem.

The general quality of internet I've been getting from eircom over the years has been horrible and I'm really getting sick of it.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for post. If you haven't reported this recently to eircom Technical Support, I'd recommend that you contact them, so they can help again, as you suggest, they have in the past.

If you'd like me to look up your previous case history with Technical Support to see what they done in the past to help, then just PM me your home phone number.

We'd be grateful if you could also provide some additional details. This way I can pass this on to eircom Technical Support so that they can carry out further investigation.

Without knowing exactly why the problem is occurring or what is responsible for this, it would be useful to find out your general setup : how many computer devices are you using? What software applications, firewall(s) anti-virus programmes are open when you're testing your connection.

Can you provide some further information on ping tests /traceroutes. This will be a great help to eircom Technical Support and help them uncover whether the problem is with the sever, or modem or with your general setup.

If you'd like to report this direct to Technical Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call time and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I can follow this up with Technical Support.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement