Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of moving to dubai?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi guys i am a single irish girl with 6 yrs experience as a hairdresser, i am fed up with irish pay cuts like so many else and the crap weather , so i was thinking over moving to dubai and was hoping u lovley ppl here mite fill me in on wat u know :)

firstly d i need a visa? secondly does any1 know how wel paid hair dressing is over there and are jobs easy to come by now with the recession??

im totally stuck in a rut here and i am a good stylist but but nervous about taking the leap :confused:
    would love all ur advice !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Here in the Middle East, there is a large influx of Asian workers who are poorly paid and not overly well treated.

The perform jobs such as hairdressing, plumbers, carpenter, waiters, shop assistants etc.

The point being, you will be competing with the likes of these workers, so the pay not be as good as you think.

Research it carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 miniz

ok tom thank u , mite have to think of another country so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

miniz wrote: »
    ok tom thank u , mite have to think of another country so!

Australia, new zealand, canada, all easy to get visas if you meet the requirements and all speak english.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 miniz

never thought of canada , thanks will look into it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

There is a large number of Thai workers servicing this industry. From what I gather there is a large demand for western hair dressers.

You are required to have a working visa to be here in Dubai. For example
    http://www.tedmorganhair.com/

Has a lot of Irish Hair dressers there. Also the large hair dressers for women mostly have English or Irish hair dressers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement