Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rasputin's Face

• 29-09-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭

I know this is a bit of a "moving statue" topic, but someone commented on a photo of mine (elsewhere) that they could see Rasputin's Face in the ciagrette smoke! It sounds weird, but I sorta see it myself (or else the vodka, poor eyesight or early senile dimentia does).:confused:

Does anybody else see it and better still, does anybody else have a shot wehre something "appears" in it - no edited shots please - the photo below has not been doctored.

F72FBF601D464BFD8571433C05F60787-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

at a push yes, but I don't think its a spiritual encounter.

nice image though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

He seems to be saying to the dog 'comeback and take your master with you, he's looking at me kind of strange'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

looks more like a tiger head to me ... then again I've never seen Rasputin's face before so ..... could be !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I can see it because you said it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
    There's a whole thread about it in the paranormal forum I think. I find it fascinating, once you've seen something it's just impossible to "unsee" it !

Nice pic by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

cool shot, but looks as much like ronnie drew as rasputin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I love this one:

tumblr_l7lw6navkd1qzpwi0o1_500.xjq6kzm37tccso44wkckg4s0.47x7xmjn5kw0040owwww4kgo4.th.jpeg

Damn you Promac, I'll never look at a duck the same way ever again !
    :mad: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Looks like Einstein to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Obviously a coincidence but very cool nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

I see the face too.

But, that duck thing, freaky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Osama Bin Laden

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The likeness is there to see but looks more like one of those Viennese Masks to me.

Damn those ducks are freaky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Promac wrote: »
    I love this one:

So do I - its exactly the the type of post I was hoping for!

If you want to ruin orchids try this http://pix.ie/asadlier/1597316/size/800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

That's a lovely photo too - I remember it from the top 50 last year (one of which was mine :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Promac wrote: »
    That's a lovely photo too - I remember it from the top 50 last year (one of which was mine :) )

Thanks promac - it actually got POTY - still not sure why? I had a couple of others ones in the top 50 - but there were many shots much better than any of mine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

It looks like a little warthog coming out of the trees :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Newp.

That's quite obviously Groucho Marx.

Or an aged Tiger Woods cigar guy without the turban :o
    I really liked cigar guy.

Advertisement