Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 reps. 2 hours.

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

I'm not one to complain, but seriously. Are Eircom that hard up? I got 2 rep's in the space of 2 hours knocking on my door today trying to get me to sign up to Eircom Phone Watch. We have an alarm, we have 2 small kids here, I don't need to be getting up twice in one day away from the kids to listen to some sales reps talk about this special offer or that special offer. Fair enough, they have a job to do, everyone gets people calling to the door.

But 2 different reps, on the same day, selling the same product! Its seriously a joke. Especially when we have a clearly displayed flashing alarm smack bang on the top of the house. I just don't get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Has nothing to do with Eircoms financial state. Its most likely bad ettiquette with the second sales rep. He probably decided to encroach on the first reps patch to get a bonus missed by the other. As for your current alarm, the reps wouldnt know whether it was monitored or had other facilities encompassed in it that they promote. Even if you told the first rep, the second rep probably saw the no sale as an oppportunity to chance try again. I absolutately hate callers to my home selling products disturbing me as they did you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Their tactics for selling Eircom alarms is a discrace.
    They tell people lies that existing alarms cant be monitored so they can sell them new ones. I have a rep trying to tell me to whip out a year old wired system (Complete with 3 keypads ) and put in their basic wireless one.
    They lie and say alarms can't be monitored over UPC & other lines when clearly they can. They then try to sell unreliable GSM units insted, knowing they can easily be jammed.

Advertisement