Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saffron Indian Restaurant Lismore

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anybody has been there yet? I called in there today to pick up a menu, place looks OK and the smell there was lovely. Was going to get a dish but they didn't take Visa (wife had my bank card) even though there was a visa sign on the window. Menu looks good, few different dishes to what you'd normally see on an Indian menu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

The parents love the madras out of there. Used to pick them up a couple of tubs of madras sauce when I was passing by so they could freeze them and use it whenever.
    Can't remember what I had in there the night I ate there but it was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

Great pilau rice and onion bhajees but found the chicken sometimes a bit undercooked!! Other dishes are great tho! Nice spot to go out for a quiet meal too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

where is it exactly?
    would ye recomend it?
    i normally go to the one on the quay in dungarvan and find the price, food and service very good in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Main Street, Lismore. Haven't had anything there yet so I can't recommend it. The Indian Ocean is lovely alright, great food and the guys working there are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Love the Saffron in Lismore, I used to go to a great place in Clonmel, but since it has closed, the Saffron has been the best "other Indian" I have found. It's always quiet, so you always get lovely food, not rushed, and service with a smile.
    Korma is lovely and textured, not a soup like a lot of other places... Baltis and Jalfrezis are gorgeous too, real sauces and tomato bits etc... I have also tried the spinach dish, it's gorgeous too if you like spinach.

I have tried barbecued prawn starter once, didn't like it at all, and onion bhajis which I didn't like either, so I stick to rice and main course now.

It does get a bit chilly in there in the winter, they don't seem to heat the whole room, just some little heaters here and there... they bring it close to your table when you're in there and no one else dining. I like my heat so it does put me off a bit in the middle of winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Hmmmm
    might give this place a go at the weekend:)

Advertisement