Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean food in Ireland

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is there anywhere in Ireland that i can buy Korean food? Especially Korean style rice. My friend just moved here and is finding food a major issue. Or any suggestions where she could buy online. Can anyone help me? Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

The Korean language forum has some threads on korean food and also might be a valuable resource for your friend to get to know fellow Koreans in Ireland.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=469

P.S Love to hear myself of a good place that does Kimchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

ukiyo on exchequer st. does kim chi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Lots of the Asian supermarkets stock Korean groceries, there's also a Korean supermarket called Han Yang on Great Strand Street near the Italian quarter which should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

YumCha wrote: »
    Lots of the Asian supermarkets stock Korean groceries, there's also a Korean supermarket called Han Yang on Great Strand Street near the Italian quarter which should have it.

The owner is korean , Mook Choy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm sure a few of the shops on Parnell Street will have the right stuff. I don't know much about Korean food but I've really enjoyed the food in the Hop House on Parnell Street.

• Advertisement

Can you get Irish grown Napa cabbage and daikon radish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Is there anywhere in Ireland that i can buy Korean food?

No need to buy. Stray dogs come free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute - do not bother to post.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Can you get Irish grown Napa cabbage and daikon radish?

Napa cabbage is Chinese Leaves, right?
    If so, Tesco usually have Irish grown.
    Don't know about daikon, though.

Napa cabbage is Chinese Leaves, right?
    If so, Tesco usually have Irish grown.
    Don't know about daikon, though.

Its kind of like chinese leaves but it isn't do I must say chinese leaves does have an improved flavour after you leave it for a couple of weeks. Tesco Chinese leaves are actually grown just outside Dundalk but that only covers the summer months really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement