Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Dublin Accommodation - near Phoenix Park

Options
  • 30-09-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Howde,

Im moving to dublin in about three weeks and looking for suitable accommodation. Im starting to train as a paramedic with the HSE in the ambulance service college in phoenix park. I am preferably looking for a house to share with 1 other individual , maybe 2, who would be mature students, preferably post grad or masters students. The initial stage of my course is 9 months intensive classroom based and will be very busy with study, research, ect.. Would be glad to find someone who is in a similar situation to share with. Im a 24 yr old male, not looking to move in with young college students , and do not want a partying student lifestyle wen I move up as my course studies will be very tough.

Not pushy about where I get accommodation as long as its within reasonable commuting distance of the phoenix park, has reasonable modern facilities eg - internet access, most important. rent budget is 400 a month.

If anyone who is looking for house mate and think I would fit the bill, id be glad to hear from u...

Feel free to pm me if u wish..

Cheers
    Subscriber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where is the school in the Phoenix Park? Is it the old civil defence school? Navan Road and Phoenix Park Races Course might be a good bet.

Perhaps at the city end for ease of shopping, nights out, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

I am not sure where in the park the school is, but commuting to the park is much easier now that the new train station has opened there. It would mean that accomodation anywhere on the Maynooth - Connolly train line would be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I spent a good bit of time recently looking at 2 bed apartments in Castleknock - right beside the Park. And you would be really really lucky to find something in that area for 400. We ended up in Phoenix Park Racecourse at 475 each. And our apartment is one of the smaller cheapest ones (suitable for couple but not really 2 people). Maybe there might be some nice developments in Cabra that might be cheaper?

Best of luck. Dublin is great to live in and the park is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you are willing to cycle to park your options will be a lot better. You can cycle from the city center to the park in about 20 mins.
    paul71 wrote: »
    I am not sure where in the park the school is, but commuting to the park is much easier now that the new train station has opened there. It would mean that accomodation anywhere on the Maynooth - Connolly train line would be an option for you.

That new station is further way from the park than the existing station at ashtown. Also its on the wrong side of the park for the OP. So what are you on about?
    he National Ambulance Training School and is based at St. Mary's Hospital in the Phoenix Park, Dublin

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=St.+Mary's+Hospital&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=St.+Mary's+Hospital&hnear=0x48670e80ea27ac2f:0xa00c7a9973171a0,Dublin,+Co.+Dublin+City&cid=11576606134910158097
    Public transport: Chapelizod Park Gate (342 m S) 25, 25A, 26, 66, 66A, 66B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

2 bed apartments in Smithfield can be got for €900-1000 PM. A short walk or cycle to work. Walking distance City Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

after a bit of research I realise i would be looking for somewhere around chapelozid preferably , other possibilities being kilmainham side closest to st marys hospital in the park, maby inchicore but I dunno how far that is away from the end of the park ill be?? Ill be planning to cycle BTW, wherever i get based. Viewed a really nice gaff in chapelizod today but I think the tennant was looking for a girl more her own age, dont expect to get a call back, pity , nice ould place as well.

What other surrounding areas would be within a 10 - 15 min bike commute to st marys hospital in the park do ye know??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

BostonB wrote: »
    That new station is further way from the park than the existing station at ashtown. Also its on the wrong side of the park for the OP. So what are you on about?

Hey? Try reading the post before getting so smarmy. I said I didn't know what part of the park the school he was talking about was on so offered it to the op as an option. A bit of manners would not go astray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

paul71 wrote: »
    Hey? Try reading the post before getting so smarmy. I said I didn't know what part of the park the school he was talking about was on so offered it to the op as an option. A bit of manners would not go astray.

Manners is checking your information before giving someone bad directions. It wasn't smarmy, I'm just completely baffled how you came up that station. as there isn't any part of the park that the new station is nearest to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement