Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male/female = better housemates....

Options
  • 30-09-2011 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

What do you guys think in general?

If both male & femAle are tidy & clean.

Personally as a female, I find men easier to live with. They don't have much stuff, don't borrow my clothes/toiletries & are not two faced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There have been a few threads likes this about the mix of housemates. Generally the conclusion has been to find a balance of male/female (while avoiding couples). :) Its not so much the potential for sexual tension as people seem to behave better if they think there is a risk that the truth is more likely to be told to third parties in such situations.

It also means there is more likely to be someone for those task that certain people stereotypically don't like - within hours of moving into one place, the landlady ushered me into her bedroom to remove the blue bottles. :) Meanwhile, if there are 4-5 blokes it may be never befor ehte oven is cleaned and with 4-5 girls, there is the risk of physical damage to the plumbing / bathroom from over use.

However, everybody is different.

Advertisement