Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Use of Mod 'Pest' Control - Warning: Mod Post #1234

Options
  • 30-09-2011 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Often I would see thread titles with a mod post warning #??? and when I enter the thread, usually viewing on mobile, it's impossible to ever find the post in question on a sizable thread.

Would it be better to have a policy of having all mod posts in #1? If they were one or two liners have them at the top of the post, if they were much longer, as in they may take away from the first post, have a mod post below tag/line at the top and the full mod post below the post in bold as usual.

It would be much easier for new people to the thread to see the mod warning. It could lead to more people reading the warnings and less people getting banned = less mod work!

Maybe it's a non-issue (don't have any stats) but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there isn't quite an SOP on it but most mods do that, or link to the warning post in the OP.

For situations where they don't it's usually a situational on-thread warning, and you're usually fine if you fall within the boundaries of common sense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This has come up before, and the best outcome that I remember being agreed upon was that any mod warnings would be entered into Post #1 of the thread for ease of reference. I agree that having a mod warning in post #2419 is just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Shield wrote: »
    This has come up before, and the best outcome that I remember being agreed upon was that any mod warnings would be entered into Post #1 of the thread for ease of reference. I agree that having a mod warning in post #2419 is just silly.

It's also completely useless on the touch.boards.ie interface as there as there are no numbered posts.

hardCopy wrote: »

It's also completely useless on the touch.boards.ie interface as there as there are no numbered posts.

I've never noticed that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've never noticed that before!

I just don't post in threads with those types of warnings because I can never find them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's not as though you don't know exactly what's in the mod warnings - they invariably just remind you to not act the dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It's not as though you don't know exactly what's in the mod warnings - they invariably just remind you to not act the dick.

Ah but when you assume you just make an ASS of U and ME ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's a pity it's not carried out like this though. I still see lots of #342 type warnings.

Ah well, if I ever get banned for ignoring one of these warnings I'll blame the fact that there are no numbered posts on m.boards :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Would it make sense to at least have the mod edit in a link to the warning in post #1?

Advertisement