Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two-Piece Suit, Two Shirts and Two Ties for €129 at The Suit Co (€399 Value)

• 30-09-2011 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

EXPIRED

On Groupon today from www.thesuitco.ie

Looks good value. It has it at €399 on their website also but when you click through it shows the Groupon deal.

Anyone know what this place is like? Their on O'Connell St. and Blanchardstown apparently

Going to buy it anyway although won't get a chance to call in for a couple of weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Also use Fatcheese.ie for a further 6% off through Citydeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

On Groupon today from www.thesuitco.ie

Looks good value. It has it at €399 on their website also but when you click through it shows the Groupon deal.

Anyone know what this place is like? Their on O'Connell St. and Blanchardstown apparently

Going to buy it anyway although won't get a chance to call in for a couple of weeks
    Have got a suit through them in Blanchardstown before, really nice suit and they spend a good bit of time with you getting the right fit and shape on you. Suit, shirt, tie and cuff links came to about 170€ for me but that was an opening offer when I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Very good deal. Over 220 sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

What are the quality of suits like guys? Are they brand names or?..

Definitely considering buying this one!

hada wrote: »
    What are the quality of suits like guys? Are they brand names or?..

Definitely considering buying this one!
    It says from their "diverse tailor-made range"

I'd presume its their own brand

• Advertisement

Sold out!

martyoo wrote: »
    Sold out!
    Over 400 sold. Only 90 when i posted earlier. They flew out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Bollix went on lunch break before checking this out should have just gone for it! Any chance they will renew it?

Bollix went on lunch break before checking this out should have just gone for it! Any chance they will renew it?
    Never usually see any of these things renew once their gone.

Over €55k taken in over about 5 hours by them. I'd say they've a busy week of suit sales ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Never usually see any of these things renew once their gone.

Over €55k taken in over about 5 hours by them. I'd say they've a busy week of suit sales ahead!

Just over 29k, groupon takes 50% of sale.
    they won't make money on this but hopefully repeated customers for them.

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    50%?

Surely can't be the case. Not doubting you but can't see how any of the places can benefit with a rate like that. I'm sure there has to be some sort of scale depending on how many sell

deep1 wrote: »
    50%?

Surely can't be the case. Not doubting you but can't see how any of the places can benefit with a rate like that. I'm sure there has to be some sort of scale depending on how many sell
    Yeah 50%,
    i give lots of buisness to groupon, its good for promotion and you make
    Money from repeated customers and other sales outside deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Also use Fatcheese.ie for a further 6% off through Citydeal
    Once a person bought through CitiDeal, is it too late then to claim the further 6% off through fatcheese?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Once a person bought through CitiDeal, is it too late then to claim the further 6% off through fatcheese?
    Yes you have to click through when your making the purchase for them to track it.

So they actually give all this away for €65! I'd say they seen how popular it was and pulled the plug early before they went broke. I wonder if you rang many of these places and asked would they do a better deal for cash would they take it. i.e. your going to buy it for €129 and they get €65 out of it. Ring them up and offer 100.

Anyone know when they usually send out the voucher?

Should be emailed to you in the next couple of days

Should have by tomorrow morning or later this evening.

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jonny C

There are plenty of these deals going around from such companies like the suit co. , the suitable company etc. and i can tell you the quality is not great. Dont mind this WAS €399 crap, they cant sell them at that price and never will because they are poor quality.

If you go around to good menswear stores around Dublin u will find they have great offers for top quality suits, i picked up a lovely Van Kollem 100% pure wool suit from B.Lynch & sons on camden street last week, only cost €169 on sale and they did the alterations for free.

I have had these suits before and they last at least 3 years if you look after them, i think some people get confused about the word value....
    i would rather pay a little more at the start and get more wear out of a suit then get a cheap 1 that looks rubbish and shinny after a few months

Jonny C wrote: »
    There are plenty of these deals going around from such companies like the suit co. , the suitable company etc. and i can tell you the quality is not great. Dont mind this WAS €399 crap, they cant sell them at that price and never will because they are poor quality.

If you go around to good menswear stores around Dublin u will find they have great offers for top quality suits, i picked up a lovely Van Kollem 100% pure wool suit from B.Lynch & sons on camden street last week, only cost €169 on sale and they did the alterations for free.

I have had these suits before and they last at least 3 years if you look after them, i think some people get confused about the word value....
    i would rather pay a little more at the start and get more wear out of a suit then get a cheap 1 that looks rubbish and shinny after a few months
    Fair enough the 399 is steep but you cant say this deal is not worth €120 for a suit, 2 shirts which im sure would be good quality and 2 silk ties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Would never buy through Groupon again, still waiting on my LED Bulbs ordered over a month ago. Their customer service sucks big time. Took over a week to respond to an email .... and with that only after 2 phone calls.

Have lodged a dispute with paypal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn wanted this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I wouldn't be too upset if you missed this deal. As another poster said, the €399 price is completely off the wall. I had a look at suits in this place a couple of weeks ago and the quality was not great. They got slightly better as the price range went up, but nothing to write home about. I wear suits everyday and I'd say the suit range available in this deal would not last too long based on the poor material in them. I found the shirts to be a bit 'cardboard' too so I'd imagine they would only last a few washes.

On the other hand, it might be ideal for somebody who just needs to have a suit for the odd event, like a wedding (or court appearance ;) ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

This is on again (or similar)

Still haven't managed to get in to buy mine. I seen on their website though they reduced the price from the quoted €399 before to €169 after the deal so its really a €40 saving over their regular prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Lads do ye reckon any of these suits would be suitable for a graduation? I'm terribly fashionless when it comes to suits:o so any help would be great!

I was thinking either of these two?

uD0cz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yes they proably would.

Still, their apparent original price is lies, oh lies. Nowhere near that cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lads do ye reckon any of these suits would be suitable for a graduation? I'm terribly fashionless when it comes to suits:o so any help would be great!

I was thinking either of these two?

uD0cz.png

Any suit will do given that you have an ugly bollix face;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thinking of getting this, not sure if it's worth it. Just want a suit for interviews, this would do?

• Advertisement

Thinking of getting this, not sure if it's worth it. Just want a suit for interviews, this would do?
    Yeah should be perfect.

Just a quick note on this compared to the last deal. It is now one shirt and one tie instead of 2 of each as it was before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Going to a wedding soon so this sounds perfect. Bit wary of that its valid for off the rail suit only. I know they say they can do alternations but I'm a big lad and could end up costing me a fortune on top of the voucher. Anyone have any experience of this?? Getting a suit before has been difficult for me so its bound to be awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Africa wrote: »
    Yes they proably would.

Still, their apparent original price is lies, oh lies. Nowhere near that cost.

Lies? Please elaborate...would I be getting ripped off if I paid that price??
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Any suit will do given that you have an ugly bollix face;)

I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

The suits themselves are the cheaper ones they have, and they have hugely exaggerated the price. I know this as I know a guy that works in the O Connell Street branch and he told me.

Advertisement