Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - Item dispatched, but email from seller saying, actually it hasnt

Options
  • 30-09-2011 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm not a regular user of Amazon.com/.co.uk but, I do buy the odd book etc here and there during the year.

I purchased an academic book from a seller based in Spain, who seems big and to get good reviews.

The order went through as normal, and I received a dispatch notice from Amazon.co.uk

Then, this morning I received an email from the seller saying that despite the dispatch notice, the item could not be shipped as the stock was damaged and that they are reordering it from their supplier and this may take some time.

While it could simply be an administrative error, I was wondering if it's worth filing a dispute with Amazon at this stage and seeing if I can cancel the order?

I was kind of relying on the book arriving quite promptly as I need it for an academic programme.

I've replied to the seller and asked for a revised delivery date.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What you're doing is the right acton. If you're not happy with the revised delivery date then ask for a refund. Get Amazon involved if the seller refuses or doesn't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The reason you got a dispatch email is the seller has claimed it was dispatched in his account so he can take the money as that is the only way Amazon release it to sellers. A bit cheeky in my opinion and definitely deserves a cancellation request and negative feedback.

Advertisement