Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAB Online application

Options
  • 30-09-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi Everyone :D

Has anyone applied online for an NAB account?

I applied last monday and haven't heard back and i was hoping to have the account numbers before i go (next wednesday) so that i could use currency fare to transfer my money and have it available as soon as i land.
    Does anyone know how long the transactions take to go from Irish account to Oz account through currency fare?

Wish i didn't leave it do late now :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Hi,

I was waiting a week for my NAB account to be given, I emailed them to see if they got my application after 6 days, and they got back to me fairly quick then. Not sure about currency fair, i just did a direct transfer from BOI 365, they gave me a rate of 1.35, XE had a rate of 1.38, so i didn't lose too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Took about a week for NAB to get back to me, currency fare is brilliant saves on charges by the banks and also can mean the difference of 200-300 dollars. Look at transfering to sterling then to dollars. I got another 200 dollars by doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

gaoife wrote: »
    Hi Everyone :D

Has anyone applied online for an NAB account?

I applied last monday and haven't heard back and i was hoping to have the account numbers before i go (next wednesday) so that i could use currency fare to transfer my money and have it available as soon as i land.
    Does anyone know how long the transactions take to go from Irish account to Oz account through currency fare?

Wish i didn't leave it do late now :(

Usually takes 1-2 working days from Irish acc to CF, same from CF to Aus acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

duffman13 wrote: »
    Look at transfering to sterling then to dollars. I got another 200 dollars by doing that.

How does that work out of curiosity? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Thanks guys :)

I mailed them but still haven't heard back ?
    I have currency fair sorted so i just changed enough money to get started then i'll go into the bank when i get there. Bit miffed at not hearing from them but what can ya do?

Can't wait now

• Advertisement
Advertisement