Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A motorcycle forum for motorcyclists

• 30-09-2011 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭

Can we please have some form of anti trolling measures put in place

In other forums if a person comes in saying things like " the posteres here need to stop acting like 2 year olds"

Or

The " posters here are abhored by normal people"

This would not stand

Look to the cycling forum if a cycling issue comes up the haters of cycling are kept on a leash.

It's in the charter that people aren't ment to come into certain forums to rise or play devils advocate to the regulars.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Report the posts and let the mods deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the mods infracted a biker for rising to the trolls in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Tigger wrote: »

Fair enough, that's poor form from the mods then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3213270&postcount=1

The charter specially protects us from " two wheels bad" or non constructive posts yet the only people getting modded are the bikers for getting frustrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Fair enough, that's poor form from the mods then.

Not poor moderation at all, its very good moding. You cannot, on any forum on boards, call someone a troll on thread I have seen people get instant bans for doing it.

On the anti motorbike comments, I browse this forum fairly regular and don't see that many of them TBH OP, but i do see lots of posters getting worked up of things they shouldn't be getting worked up over and claiming its an anti biker comment, when in truth its most of the time, not the case!

Also just because its a motorbike forum shouldn't mean if someone says / disagree's with something that might upset a few regulars they get a ban / infraction, it is a public forum after all and everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because they give that opinion be it for against bikers does not mean they are anti twho wheels! My two cents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not poor moderation at all, its very good moding. You cannot, on any forum on boards, call someone a troll on thread I have seen people get instant bans for doing it.

On the anti motorbike comments, I browse this forum fairly regular and don't see that many of them TBH OP, but i do see lots of posters getting worked up of things they shouldn't be getting worked up over and claiming its an anti biker comment, when in truth its most of the time, not the case!

Also just because its a motorbike forum shouldn't mean if someone says / disagree's with something that might upset a few regulars they get a ban / infraction, it is a public forum after all and everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because they give that opinion be it for against bikers does not mean they are anti twho wheels! My two cents.

So what would you say to someone who is very clearly on a tangent against bikers and has just posted in the motorbike forum to stir the pot? Comments referring to bikers as whinging 2 year olds for debating the compulsory hi viz proposal? That adds nothing to the forum, the thread and only serves to take the thread off topic and create a whole separate argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

With respect, much of the posting on the hi-viz threads is trolling. People with no posting history on Boards(except for some AH waffle) appear and suggest we should be banned. People who know nothing about motorcycles lecturing us about how dangerous we all are?
    How long would I last if I went to the 4 wheel motors area and started slagging off modified cars, suggesting that all the owners have inadequacies, and the cars are too noisy, and should be returned to factory spec-for the sake of the children.

Note-
    I do not agree with the above. Cars are great when it rains like it did today, and loud pipes helped me know there was a car up ahead when visibility was nil

How long would I last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Can we please have some form of anti trolling measures put in place

In other forums if a person comes in saying things like " the posteres here need to stop acting like 2 year olds"

Or

The " posters here are abhored by normal people"

This would not stand

Look to the cycling forum if a cycling issue comes up the haters of cycling are kept on a leash.

It's in the charter that people aren't ment to come into certain forums to rise or play devils advocate to the regulars.

I am just going over the thread in question.

While I am busy - why don't you put your name forward to be a mod of this forum?

P.C. wrote: »
    I am just going over the thread in question.

While I am busy - why don't you put your name forward to be a mod of this forum?
    I'm not having a go at you pc

I'll gladly help out but my infractions from Airsoft probably rule me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭uncle betty

I'm coming at it from a different perspective, based on many other forums about many other topics, not just boards.ie, and not just motorcycling.

I had recently decided to become an active poster here, and have contributed photographs of biking trips I have made around Ireland, as well as trying to help on the electrics side of things. I also made a serious point on the high-viz thread about headlight modulation as an alternative.

What I am not used to, is automatically running to mods for every little blatantly trolling scut I come across. As has been suggested.

Conversely, I am not interested in silly little mod infractions for pretty much nothing, and schoolmarm admonitions.

The rules of boards.ie are the rules, and that is fine. No qualms.

But no thanks. There are plenty other forums, and we all find a home.

Ride safe.

• Advertisement

But some people are also entitled to personal insults against the interest group for whom the forum is set up.

Others, meanwhile are not allowed in turn to call them what they clearly are - trolls.

It walks talks, and sounds like a troll. It is a troll.

in my opinion the above poster is needed here

in the non biker mods opinion he's not

qed

in my opinion the above poster is needed here

in the non biker mods opinion he's not

qed

Being a mod on another forum has nadda zip bugger all to do with what I say outside of that forum, I am just a poster like every other here.

I know nothing about the above poster's history or why he should stay or go, and to be frank its non of my business unless it involves me directly, so i shall not and will not go there, simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Probably gonna get infracted for this but any biker forum I have been on does have a load of whingers on them.
    Good load of sound people aswell mind you. But jaysus .

Being a mod on another forum has nadda zip bugger all to do with what I say outside of that forum, I am just a poster like every other here.

I know nothing about the above poster's history or why he should stay or go, and to be frank its non of my business unless it involves me directly, so i shall not and will not go there, simples!

I'm nor referring to you but to the motors mods who are also motorbike mods by default

Also why are you posting on this thread ?
    It's title should give a clue but it's not for amperson who has never posted here before to come in and say that obvious troll should not be called trolls

It's not a feedback thread ffs

biker+wilson+pstr.jpg

I can haz serous duzkushin?

I'm nor referring to you but to the motors mods who are also motorbike mods by default

Also why are you posting on this thread ?
    It's title should give a clue but it's not for amperson who has never posted here before to come in and say that obvious troll should not be called trolls

It's not a feedback thread ffs

You see thats where you are totally wrong, its not a motorbikers love in ya know! Its a public forum where anyone can state there opinion, something which I find you don't seem to like, just like your above post.

You cannot and will not tell people where and when they can post and when you do , like in this case, the poster is more than likely going to keep on posting just to see you self implode!!!

You see thats where you are totally wrong, its not a motorbikers love in ya know! Its a public forum where anyone can state there opinion, something which I find you don't seem to like, just like your above post.

You cannot and will not tell people where and when they can post and when you do , like in this case, the poster is more than likely going to keep on posting just to see you self implode!!!

the charter states that its a forum for bikes
    if thet thread is "what type of bike do you like" then saying "all bikes ae stupid" is off topic against charter and should be moderated

Two wheels charter...(please read) - updated 11-12-09

Right over on the Motors board all too often a thread about bikes ended up the site of foolish and banworthy badinage, with the new forum the rule is simple - if you have nothing helpful or constructive to add to a thread and are simply trolling a "two wheels bad four wheels good" line or winding up those who ride, then you will be banned from all Motors forums.

As for what to discuss here, well if its got two (or occassionally) three wheels and is powered by carbon based fuel then it fits in.

you are posting here soley to assert your right to post here

try that posting as a non christian in the christian forum or as a non cyclist in the cycling forum. nobody who enters the airsoft forum to point out we are grown men running around with toy guns last more than 30 seconds before they are perma banned

but we are and the same "public forum facts apply"

if someone wants to post simply to see if i implode then they are by defination trolling

if someone is trolling and i call them a troll you think i should be punished and that they shouldn't

but the charter states that there is to be no anti bike trolling

if a poster wants to come in here and post but has no interest in bikes except to call bikers names or in other ways disparrage bikers then in my opinion they should be asked to pfo

the charter states that its a forum for bikes
    if thet thread is "what type of bike do you like" then saying "all bikes ae stupid" is off topic against charter and should be moderated

you are posting here soley to assert your right to post here

try that posting as a non christian in the christian forum or as a non cyclist in the cycling forum. nobody who enters the airsoft forum to point out we are grown men running around with toy guns last more than 30 seconds before they are perma banned

but we are and the same "public forum facts apply"

if someone wants to post simply to see if i implode then they are by defination trolling

if someone is trolling and i call them a troll you think i should be punished and that they shouldn't

but the charter states that there is to be no anti bike trolling

if a poster wants to come in here and post but has no interest in bikes except to call bikers names or in other ways disparrage bikers then in my opinion they should be asked to pfo

Well said. And thanks for earlier support :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What exactly is this about? I'd like to see some examples, preferably not from the "are bikes being a bit naive about this" thread as it spend the first three quarters of its life in the motors forum.

• Advertisement

What exactly is this about? I'd like to see some examples, preferably not from the "are bikes being a bit naive about this" thread as it spend the first three quarters of its life in the motors forum.

PC deleted some of it but look in the would you wear a high via thread

Points of note
    The no wonder normal people hate biker
    The bikers act like 2 year olds
    The all bikes are speeding narcissusits comment

And then the nice biker pointing out that the above comments were trolling getting an infraction by a motors mod

Also the fact that the motors (cars) mods are also motorcycles mods

Now read the original charter it's reasons for this forum and it's rules

I want the bike section here to improve
    In general I only answer factual questions here . How do this how fix that and I don't discuss things. Why : well because People come in off the front page of boards and troll
    I recently bought myself a mountain bike I haven't had one since my first scrambler ( as a mate said recently no need to name the year)
    So i went into the cycling forum and it was helpful and witty, anyone who even dreamed of stating ; "well if you are getting a bike you should brush up on the rules of the road ";Or anything like that gets kicked to the kerb (sic) sharpish

That's where it come from

As I've stated before there should be a bond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Jesus lads, it's quite simple: If you think the post is from a troll report the thing. Or else just ignore it!

I've stayed away from the HiViz threads as they are all just a slagging match with temperatures running high. Also, these threads take away from the other aspects, and to me more important ones, of the proposed legislation.

Advertisement