Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 pollock on 6 feathers

Options
  • 30-09-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Was out fishing with my Dad yesterday and. Pollock were there like we'd never seen before .. Following a massive shoal of sprat. Everyone was having a field day gannets and gulls alike.. We also got a few mackerel... One of the times I was spinning .. Reeling it in became next to impossibile and the rod was fit to fly out of my hands (we were about 30 foot up on a ledge) and I leaned over and checked to see I had 6 huge pollock on my 6 feathers ... Sickeningly thought, the line snapped just as we tried to bring them in ... Is it common to get 6 pollock on 6 feathers??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Wow! Its a pity the line snapped, that would have made for a nice photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

Stressica wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Was out fishing with my Dad yesterday and. Pollock were there like we'd never seen before .. Following a massive shoal of sprat. Everyone was having a field day gannets and gulls alike.. We also got a few mackerel... One of the times I was spinning .. Reeling it in became next to impossibile and the rod was fit to fly out of my hands (we were about 30 foot up on a ledge) and I leaned over and checked to see I had 6 huge pollock on my 6 feathers ... Sickeningly thought, the line snapped just as we tried to bring them in ... Is it common to get 6 pollock on 6 feathers??

this happened to me this year as well when i was spinning feathers for mackerel so i cut off 3 feathers and its no harm to have 20lbs line!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

wow! last time i was out over a wreck i kept getting 7 mackeral on 7 feathers. annoying though! Had 2 pollack and a coal fish on once, was tricky getting them onboard, can only imagine what 6 pollack would have been like!

Advertisement