Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop trade in offer... (Fifa 2012)

Options
  • 30-09-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭

Hey just a quick Q. on the current Gamestop offer than coincidently ends today..

http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradein

there's the list and terms....

but my q is... Is Fifa 2012 eligible for this offer? and also for trading in games, Can you mix n match console games?

I.e trading in COD world at war, COD Modern warfare 4 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics for Fifa 2012 @ 3 quid?

Anyone make use of this offer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

-=al=- wrote: »
    but my q is... Is Fifa 2012 eligible for this offer? and also for trading in games, Can you mix n match console games?

I.e trading in COD world at war, COD Modern warfare 4 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics for Fifa 2012 @ 3 quid?

Anyone make use of this offer?

According to there twitter feed yes fifa 12 standard edition ( not sure if there is a special editon) is available for the deal

Yes if those 3 games are on the list you can trade them in for fifa 12 and you can mix and match as well

http://twitter.com/#!/GameStopIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Excellente. Thank you, Sir

Yup, there is a ultimate edition too, but cba with that! never play those games so might as well trade 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Sorry to distract from the thread, but I just noticed that NBA Elite 11 for the XBox 360 is on the trade-in list.

Surely if someone actually has an actual, real retail copy of this game it would be worth far more as a collectors item and sold on ebay? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

my son pre-ordered the ultimate edition at our local gamestop in clarehall,but he politely asked could he pay another ?55 for 1 for his brother,then was told they only carry the exact pre-ordered amount.He felt a little like they were taking the mickey with that crock .Over the past 10 yrs or so we have paid gamestop thousands,what with offering people 30 cent for 5mth old dvds,& fifa will get 18euros tops in a couple of weeks.Thanks for being so predictable,gamestop,but he popped into tesco & got normal fifa12 edition for 44.95 as gamestop are charging 55.00 for same!

Their trade in values do suck sometimes, I think xtra vision and smyths are better for trade-ins... i rarely do it tho =/ + I don't mind trading games in for a game I'll most likely keep for the year

and some of the games on the list are kidna old too, you could probably get 3 cheap older games then trade them in.. I'm sure prior traded games are accepted too

+ anyone actually get this offer? it just says from €3 when you trade in the games from the list :?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've... used this offer before, and it totally works. You can buy 3 reasonably cheap games, pre owned, trade them in, and get the new game for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

-=al=- wrote: »

If you where to buy these 3 games second hand then trade them in for fifa i odnt see how you get it any cheaper then 45 euro?

the 2 cod games second hand would easily be around 20 euro each second hand and the sonic game is probly a minimum of 10 euro to buy second hand

so how are people buying second hand games and then gettin the new game for cheaper then the retail price?

Go across the street to xtravision(in swords)
    Buy call of duty 4, world at war, and gears of war 2 for 30
    Go back to gamestop in pavillions
    Trade the 3 of them in, then pay 3 for whatever you choose.

Easy.

grrr im not near swords and i have no transport!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »

Easy.
    Beware doing things like this as it's store discretion so you might go spend 30 notes and get a gamekeeper for 3 euro but remember something gamestop monitor this games forum trust me I know they do, also one of the mods here is a gamestop manager and when I passed details like this here before I was refused serving in the tallaght store as I was called a TRADER??? stupid really but two managers made a show of me and I reported this to gamestop head office. Also just like to point out the mod is NOT. A mod of the games forum but of a different boards forum...

I know you mean well but don't get made a show of inshore like I was :o

• Advertisement

Just want to state it wasn't the manager that's a mod here I had all the hassle with it was the assistant manager, the guy here is actually a nice guy

Ah, fair do's ;) I'm not sure you could do exactly that anyway now, the price of call of duty 4 has gone back up to 15. You can games on the list cheap enough, if you shop around. GTA IV is.... 7e in xtravision, mind jack is 9 euro I think in Game, devil may cry 4 was on the list last time I looked, and thats cheap as chips./

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

So is this 3 game 3€ trade in deal over then?

mcw92 wrote: »
    So is this 3 game 3€ trade in deal over then?

No check Gamestop website deal is listed there methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

No check Gamestop website deal is listed there methinks

Ya i seen the List online but the List expired the 30th Sept (friday).
    On another thread someone mentioned its back with a different list?
    Anyone care to stick up photos or such of the new list? :D

Yea it finished Friday, the day fifa was out!

Picked it up anyways in tallaght gamestop for €3 with 3 games traded in all good :)

Funny thing was, I went to liffey valley since it's closer and where I usually go to get xbox related shizzle... But I got to the shop, gave the games in and suddenly realised I was in GAME and not Gamestop... Oh lawd :pac:

Game's offer on Fifa was that, Ff you trade in a game(s) you get 20% extra off (of what I don't know)

I believe i got 12.80 off the price of Fifa for trading in those 3 games... :|

So I think the extra 10 mins drive down the road to tallaght worked out a bit better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭siblers

cloud493 wrote: »

Easy.

The thing with Gamestop is that a lot of their stuff is full price where you can buy it online for about 30 euros. Take Dead Island and Deus Ex for example (bout €25 online, full whack in Gamestop). Games drop in price online in a matter of weeks, sometimes less. Takes months for them to drop in price at Gamestop (or any ofther retailer in Ireland)

Where are you gettin dead island for 25 euro brand new for xbox?

Might have been getting ahead of myself for 25 but on Hotukdeals, it's been around the 30-33 mark. Still a lot cheaper than 49.99

siblers wrote: »
    The thing with Gamestop is that a lot of their stuff is full price where you can buy it online for about 30 euros. Take Dead Island and Deus Ex for example (bout €25 online, full whack in Gamestop). Games drop in price online in a matter of weeks, sometimes less. Takes months for them to drop in price at Gamestop (or any ofther retailer in Ireland)

I know, thats why it works. Like that Game is selling resistance for 36, but gamestop is still at 46, but the trade in value is falling in both shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Their new list of 400 titles is out and is valid only till 4th NOVEMBER!
    No multiples though.

peaceboi wrote: »
    Their new list of 400 titles is out and is valid only till 4th NOVEMBER!
    No multiples though.

They always extend the closing date

I used this again today,even with the new list got sonic generations for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 2 Pins

Have a few games dont really play anymore - anyone have any idea how much I got get trading these games in??

Gran Turismo 5
    Need for Speed Underground
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
    Sonic Unleashed
    Fifa 10
    Fifa 9
    COD Modern Warfare 2
    007 Quantum of Solace
    Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Advertisement