Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to cash converters in Thomas Street?

Options
  • 30-09-2011 10:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

They say they're thriving in the UK - what happened in Ireland? And all those folks who had items with them - what will they do?

Does anyone have any information on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They ceased trading, but I don't know the background story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So it has:

http://www.cashconvertersireland.ie/notice.html

Wonder were they owned by the same company, no doubt it will be on Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good to see the back of these loan sharks and I hope more go down with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Good to see the back of these loan sharks and I hope more go down with them.

And here's me dreaming of opening a Pawn Shop. Really think we need a lot more Pawn Shops. I don't get the idea that they are a menace to society. Credit unions and banks are not giving out the cash now, a lot of people would be glad of a pawn shop this christmas. They get their goods back when they pay back the loan.
    If your stuck for some cash and need to pawn something what about it, any friend asks me for a lend of cash anymore i'll only give it to them if they'll play pawn, pain in the ass trying to get money out of people unless you have something of value belonging to them. Try it the next time someone hits you for 50;)

Advertisement