Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert External Candidate

• 30-09-2011 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am looking for some advice for sitting one subject in the leaving cert as an external candidate. I will not be attending any classes just doing it myself from home.

Unfortunately none of the VEC's I contacted are running this subject and I looked into the distance method with Kilroys College but find it is too expensive.

What I would like to know is there any useful websites or online tutorial I could access.

Any study tips or how to go about studying a subject for the leaving cert

How to find an exam centre for an external candidate.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to apply to the SEC to be an external candidate. You can choose a centre near you - usually a school - or they will assign you one based on your address.

Without knowing what subject it is I cannot advise re websites. Make sure it is not one that requires a teacher to sign off on work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lehla

Its Economics

Advertisement