Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with creche fees

• 30-09-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi Boardies...
    I just want to have a little rant here cause they are just driving me to distraction this week.
    My Little girl is in one of the larger chains of crèches and has been since she was about 9 mths. She loves it there, the girls that look after her are fantastic but I find the management just a pain in the @ss ...
    We had issues with a little bully that was causing havoc in her room. I really don't think they dealt with the issue very well but the boy left to go to big school this year so that was that problem sorted.
    Now I'm having issues with the fees. This time last year, I spoke to the then assistant manager and pointed out that my girl was moving into a room with a higher ratio and would there be any chance of a reduction in the fees. She came back a couple of days later saying that they had agreed to knock €55 off per month. Not alot but it was something and I was happy. I asked about the ECCE scheme during the summer and was told it'd kick in for September and it'd reduce the fee by €202. Happy days. The DD came out at the end of Aug but the €202 hadn't been deducted. They said it had something to do with the forms not being back in time but they'd be deducting €404 off the following months fees - Grand !! The DD came out yesterday and they took €110 more than they were supposed to !!!!!!!!!!!
    So I ring the centre manager and ask her to find out what happened. She came back and said that the reduction I got last was only temporary, that there was a note on the file saying that a "discount" of €500 had been agreed over a year !!!!! News to me !! I told her that NEVER was it suggested that the reduction was only a temporary. And even so, those figures don't add up either - €500 over 12 months is €41.66 not €55 !!! And of course she can't get anyone in the head office. So it looks to me that they increased my fees from €895 to €1005 (without telling me) and deduced the 2 months ECCE from that. Now to be fair to this girl, I know it's not her fault and she got an earful from me yesterday.
    Now today, I just feel worn out. I'm a single parent and have to have a row with my ex for every penny of maintenance I get and now I'm wrangling with the crèche about money too ... A lotto win would come in very handy this weekend !!

Thanks for reading

A

Comments

Advertisement