Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile phones

Options
  • 30-09-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I signed up to emobile last year & noticed the phone I received, (samsung wave) was not locked to their network. Are their current phones still unlocked does anyone know?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Phones are normally locked, but on occasion if the network runs out of stock, they will source unlocked versions. My eMobile phone, a Nokia N8, was also supplied unlocked, but that would have been on of the first N8's in the country.

I think I read here that the eMobile SIM-lock is the same as Meteor, so you can put a Meteor SIM into a locked eMobile phone, and it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

bodonnell wrote: »
    I signed up to emobile last year & noticed the phone I received, (samsung wave) was not locked to their network. Are their current phones still unlocked does anyone know?
    Thanks

I won a blackberry recently off emobile & when I got it I chanced my 3 sim card in it & it works so it's clearly not SIM-locked either...weird!

Advertisement