Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress 'the loop'

Options
  • 30-09-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

hey

Im working with a 960 grid and blocks for the layout. In a nut shell, every post comes up in a block, there are rows of 4 blocks, then i call the new line command within 960.css

Im not able to see where i can throw in a statement to make 4 blocks, then a new line while there are still posts.

so it will call all posts, from all categories (lets say cats a/b/c/d) and display them as follows

| A | B | C | D |
    | A | B | C | D |
    | A | B | C | D |

When a new post is made it takes the place of the red A.

Can anyone tell me where to look? The head is wrecked!

<edit>
    The grid is working and posts are going into their blocks etc, i just need to find where to put in a loop to make a new line
    </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Could you post up the HTML / PHP that you're using for the loop?

Sounds like a matter of setting an integer to 0 before you stop looping, increase integer +1 within each loop, and "if integer == 4, print new line".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yeh, i got it working. Im on to a new problem now which is...

for some reason its only making 8 posts at a time, when i need it to make up to 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Something in the WordPress settings for max posts per page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Goodshape wrote: »
    Something in the WordPress settings for max posts per page?

Yeah the 'posts_per_page' arg for the query....

Advertisement