Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a new line and broadband

Options
  • 30-09-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

Placed an order yesterday for one of the broadband bundles and a new line needs to be installed it seems. So it will take 2 weeks to have this line installed and then I will have to place a new order for broadband once that line has been installed - is this correct? (the guy I was on the phone to wasn't too clear about this part). So how long will it be until I have broadband up and running? :(

Little bit frustrating as it's needed for both work and an online course! Don't want to be legging it to internet cafes the whole time :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Renn wrote: »
    Placed an order yesterday for one of the broadband bundles and a new line needs to be installed it seems. So it will take 2 weeks to have this line installed and then I will have to place a new order for broadband once that line has been installed - is this correct? (the guy I was on the phone to wasn't too clear about this part). So how long will it be until I have broadband up and running? :(

Little bit frustrating as it's needed for both work and an online course! Don't want to be legging it to internet cafes the whole time :)

Hi Renn.

The max lead time for a new line installation is 10 working days, however th majority are connected within a 5 working day lead time (It depends on the work needed to connected the line)

Once connected the line needs to be tested from the exchange before an order for broadband can be placed. Broadband orders have a 5 working day lead time.

If you PM me with a telephone number, order number or address. I can track the order and keep you posted.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dianehyde

Placed an order yesterday for one of the broadband bundles and a new line needs to be installed it seems.
    How did you get them to install a new line. I have a split line, cant get broadband and they wont upgrade it. What did you ask for and did they say anything about a price.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dianehyde wrote: »
    Placed an order yesterday for one of the broadband bundles and a new line needs to be installed it seems.
    How did you get them to install a new line. I have a split line, cant get broadband and they wont upgrade it. What did you ask for and did they say anything about a price.
    thanks

Hi dianehyde,

Thanks for your post. I will look into your query and advise you further tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dianehyde

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you Ant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dianehyde wrote: »
    Any help is appreciated.

Thank you Ant.

Hi dianehyde,

Thanks for waiting on my response.

I don't see any new orders on your eircom Account since August. However if you have ordered recently Online, this may not show on my systems for a day or two.

If you are trying to upgrade broadband /or setup a new broadband account /or activate an existing phone line /or set up a new phone line, you can do this quite simply Online yourself at the following website :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/

You can also avail of further Online savings by doing this Online :- http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

Please let me know if I can help further,

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement