Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windowscreen replacement?

• 30-09-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I hope this is the right place for this but a crack has appeared in my windscreen and my crappy new insurance won't cover it so How much would a windscreen replacement cost roughly?
    its a 2002 micra,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

IIRC it should be around the 200 mark.

That is what Autoglass said to me a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks for the reply.
    Had in my head that much alright..
    Urghh:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Somewhere around €250 I'd say, ring around for quotes and make sure you tell them it's not an insurance job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

AAA will do a 02 micra screen for alot less. 150 or so id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

<snip>

Please don't condone illegal activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

javagal wrote: »
    a crack has appeared in my windscreen and my crappy new insurance won't cover it

Christ. Let me guess, Quinn Direct?

I would hate to be insured by them. Had a crack in my windscreen a few months ago, rang up and it was replaced at my home the next day - never even saw a bill. That's with Zurich and I believe most insurers cover it for free with no impact on NCB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

unkel wrote: »
    Christ. Let me guess, Quinn Direct?

I would hate to be insured by them. Had a crack in my windscreen a few months ago, rang up and it was replaced at my home the next day - never even saw a bill. That's with Zurich and I believe most insurers cover it for free with no impact on NCB

Not such a bad deal if the Windscreen cover is the only difference and theres a 200 euro difference on the yearly premium ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm with Quinn and windscreen cover is included in the policy for €25. Covers side windows too, worked when my old car was broken into, good deal. Doesn't affect the NCB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

<snip>

Please don't condone illegal activity.
    ok

Advertisement