Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEOS2 2011 scheme

• 30-09-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I applied for this scheme this year but have heard no word good or bad on it. Just wondering has anyone else heard or been accepted onto the scheme

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

I like you am also wondering did I get in or not . I checked the Department website to see was there any info or even a number that you could call and nothing . So if anyone out there has any info it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

just got an acceptance letter out this morning, havent seen the letter yet, just got a phonecall from home to tell me it arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

I just got one as well today, probably wont get any money for years the way the department are handling AEOS 1 payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

About 6950 applicants, c50 may be rejected for ineligibility reasons so basically everyone who applied will be accepted. No idea when any money will flow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

Got the letter as well.

Contract start date was 1st September but for green cover it is supposed to be done by October 1st.

How is that supposed to be done if you get the letter on the 5th of October and you are explicitly told not to do anything until you are told your accepted!!

Confused! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Can any one apply for this scheme in 2012.
    I am just out of reps 3 this December .

20silkcut wrote: »
    Can any one apply for this scheme in 2012.
    I am just out of reps 3 this December .
    Depends on the upcoming budget, whether or not there is money in the kitty to fund a scheme in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

agcons wrote: »
    Depends on the upcoming budget, whether or not there is money in the kitty to fund a scheme in 2012.
    I thought the government were obliged to have some type of approved environmental scheme in place. Whether it would be worth an applicants time and effort to join it or not would be immaterial as long as there was some scheme there:(

nashmach wrote: »
    Got the letter as well.

Contract start date was 1st September but for green cover it is supposed to be done by October 1st.

How is that supposed to be done if you get the letter on the 5th of October and you are explicitly told not to do anything until you are told your accepted!!

Confused! :(
    Have the green cover in place for next year and you will be paid from next year on. You will not be paid for the 4 months of this year because you didnt have the cover in place. In fact if you had the cover in place this year then on a technicality you could be ruled out of this option entirely for being in breach of the regulations!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

agcons wrote: »
    Have the green cover in place for next year and you will be paid from next year on. You will not be paid for the 4 months of this year because you didnt have the cover in place. In fact if you had the cover in place this year then on a technicality you could be ruled out of this option entirely for being in breach of the regulations!!

Exactly correct - confirmed with the Department earlier this week.

As for the last sentence, correct also as you are not supposed to do anything until you receive a letter.

Thanks agcons for your help :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭galwayhillbilly

nashmach wrote: »
    you are not supposed to do anything until you receive a letter.

Does this mean that I can tell the neighbour that the Dept. told me not to touch the stone wall and he will just have to let my sheep eat his grass until I get a letter from dept.:P

All joking aside I got the letter confirming the acceptance. Do we get a contract at some stage? My yard needs a serious tidy up do I need to be worried about this for AEOS inspection or is it just for cross compliance?
    Also for the stonewalls my plan is to do about 1/3 of the length each year over 3 years is this acceptable? or do I have to do the whole lot in year 1?

Advertisement