Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 WITH NO MANUAL (bought in tesco)

Options
  • 30-09-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Bought Fifa 12 ps3 today in tesco... there was no manual in the box (yeah was fully sealed)

Did anyone else not have a manual in the box or is this a once off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Says on one of the pieces of paper that the manual is available online or on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

AFAIK game developers have started to include a manual on the disc to save on paper/money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah it's on the disc to save money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Where on thre disc??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

In the in game menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Load of balls if u ask me....I have a terrible memory and so like to look at the manual open as I play. :p

X-Box version btw

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

It says on the leaflet included in the box that the manual is available to download online from http://support.ea.com/app/manuals

I thought I might download it to view on my laptop which would be handy, but unfortunately it available in about a dozen languages but no English :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

10356908.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,120 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Seems to be the way with EA as NHL 12 also had no manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 euan80

I have just bought fifa 12 for the xbox and their is no manual and the link it provides for the online manual is for the playstation!! Absolutley shocking EA are selling an inferior product to every other game on the market trading standards should make them put a warning on the box like " THIS GAME HAS NO MANUAL" I am going to call EA customer services tomorrow and if they don't post me a manual the game will be going back to the shop. If this is the way of EA I am never buying any more or their games

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

euan80 wrote: »
    I have just bought fifa 12 for the xbox and their is no manual and the link it provides for the online manual is for the playstation!! Absolutley shocking EA are selling an inferior product to every other game on the market trading standards should make them put a warning on the box like " THIS GAME HAS NO MANUAL" I am going to call EA customer services tomorrow and if they don't post me a manual the game will be going back to the shop. If this is the way of EA I am never buying any more or their games

O RLY?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

It says on the leaflet included in the box that the manual is available to download online from http://support.ea.com/app/manuals

I thought I might download it to view on my laptop which would be handy, but unfortunately it available in about a dozen languages but no English :mad:

If it helps here's the PS2 manual in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

euan80 wrote: »

Jesus man relax just go to the controller help in the game settings

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Soby wrote: »
    Jesus man relax just go to the controller help in the game settings
    Yeah most of the instructions can be found in the game menus or tutorials or controller help, the in game and pdf manual is only 5 pages and really only covers the new stuff. I hadnt played FIFA for a few years so there was a lot of new stuff to get to grips with so its taken a bit of tinkering with the settings especially the controller setting to get things going. Overall the game is much improved since I played a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jesus I didn't realise it would be such an annoyance to have to look up the controls in the game and have to memorise them that way. It sems silly reading back over that. I write down the skill moves and celebrations and have them in front of me since I can't remember them all, all the time. Could just do that with the basic controls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marteinn13

Bought my Fifa 12 for ps3 from best buy and there was what looked like a photocopy of the manual and no online pass key. is there some way to get this code from the disc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I want the PS3 manuals. I've gone here
    http://support.ea.com/app/manuals
    and selected both Fifa12 and/or Fifa.
    The PS3 download doesn't appear on the list!

==

Just for the benefit of saving some paper I think EA have made a big mistake doing this (especially with this change to defending this year). I don't like the FIFA menus generally and the idea of digging thru them for controller information is already a no-no. Not to mention I presume you have to drop out of the game while navigating the menus? Now on top of it I seem to be following the instructions to get the online manual and it's not even there?

It's just stupid move all for a bit of paper and creates a very bad impression. It's like getting a toy on xmas and finding has no batteries.

Anyway, can someone here help me find the English+PS3 manual?

Advertisement